Twenty Seven

San and Wooyoung came downstairs, their faces glowing with the warmth of the morning and their newfound closeness. They were greeted by the delicious aroma wafting from the kitchen, where Minji was bustling around, preparing breakfast. She glanced up and smiled at them as they entered.

"Good morning!" Minji smiled, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "I hope you both are hungry because I went all out."

San chuckled, "Morning, Minji. Smells amazing."

Wooyoung walked over to the kitchen counter, grabbing a bottle to prepare Jiwoo's milk. "I’ll get Jiwoo’s milk ready."

Minji watched him with a playful smirk. "You know, Wooyoung, you really do make a great mom. Always so attentive and caring."

San, who was setting the table, mumbled just loud enough for them to hear, "I wouldn’t mind that at all."

Wooyoung shot him a glance, cheeks flushing slightly. "What was that, San?"

San grinned sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck. "Nothing, just thinking out loud."

Minji laughed as she placed a platter of pancakes on the table. "Come on, San. Own up to it. You were saying how you'd love Wooyoung to be Jiwoo's mom, right?"

San shrugged, still smiling. "Well, he’s already doing such a great job."

Wooyoung rolled his eyes playfully, finishing up Jiwoo’s milk and bringing her to the table. "Alright, breakfast is served. Let’s eat before the pancakes get cold."

As they all sat down, Minji couldn't resist another tease. "You know, Wooyoung, you’re setting a high bar. San might have to step up his game."

San laughed, "Oh, I’m fully prepared to step up. Just watch me."

Wooyoung smirked, feeding Jiwoo her milk. "I’m looking forward to it, San."

Minji joined in, "This is going to be fun to watch. Breakfast and a show!"

The three of them laughed, the lighthearted banter flowing easily as they enjoyed their meal. It was a perfect moment of family and friendship, filled with joy and the promise of a brighter future together.

Minji chuckled as she recalled the events of the previous night. "By the way, Wooyoung, your mom was trying to get a hold of you last night. She called me when you didn't pick up a single call."

Wooyoung’s eyes widened in alarm. "What? Why didn't you wake me up?"

Minji shrugged with a grin. "You looked like you needed the rest. Anyway, she told me to remind you both to head to the office today and invite Mr. Zhou and his daughter over to apologize for the misunderstanding."

Wooyoung immediately went ballistic. "Apologize? Are you kidding me? There's no way we’re apologizing to Tianyi. She’s involved in the theft; I’m sure of it."

San sighed, rubbing his temples. "I understand your frustration, Wooyoung, but Minji's right. We don't have any concrete proof against her yet. Without evidence, we can't declare her guilty."

Minji nodded, her expression serious. "Exactly. Mr. Choi is worried that we might have messed up the situation. We need to follow his instructions and make sure we handle this delicately."

Wooyoung clenched his fists, clearly torn between his anger and the need to follow protocol. "Fine, but I don't like it. I know she’s behind this. I can't believe y'all's are ignoring how big of a bitch she is."

San placed a reassuring hand on Wooyoung’s shoulder. "We aren't ignoring it, Wooyoung. I don’t like it either, but let’s play it smart. We’ll go to the office, do what your mom directed, and keep our eyes open for any more clues. We’ll get the evidence we need."