Fourty Six

Time passed, and life continued to move forward, even as San remained silently sleeping in his coma. His friends stayed by his side, visiting him often, but the demands of life inevitably pulled them into new directions. As the year progressed, they each found themselves adapting to new promises and opportunities.

Winter gave way to spring, bringing a sense of renewal and hope. Wooyoung, true to his word, became a devoted guardian to Jiwoo, balancing his responsibilities while ensuring she was surrounded by love and joy. Jiwoo's laughter became a beacon of light for everyone, a reminder of the innocence and resilience of youth.

Mingi and Minji grew closer, their relationship deepening with each passing day. They supported each other through the ups and downs, finding strength in their bond. Mingi's playful nature and Minji's nurturing spirit created a harmonious balance that brought out the best in both of them.

Risa and Yunho also navigated their new relationship, taking things one step at a time. Their initial arguments gave way to understanding and compromise, and they found themselves growing as individuals and as a couple. They learned to communicate better, their love for each other becoming stronger with each challenge they overcame.

The seasons changed, summer bringing warmth and laughter, fall introducing a sense of reflection and preparation for the future. Each of San's friends continued to visit him, sharing their lives and experiences, hoping he could hear them and find the strength to wake up.

As winter approached again, marking exactly one year since San had slipped into his coma, the friends gathered together for New Year's Eve. They celebrated the passing year with mixed emotions, acknowledging their growth and the changes they had undergone, while also feeling the weight of San's absence.

Wooyoung raised a glass, his voice filled with emotion. "To San, who is always with us in spirit. We miss you, and we're still here for you. May this new year bring you back to us."

Everyone echoed his sentiment, their hearts united in hope and love. They toasted to new beginnings, to the strength of their friendship, and to the promise of better days ahead.

As the clock struck midnight, they embraced the new year with renewed determination. They vowed to continue supporting each other and San, no matter how much time passed. Life moved on, people grew, and the seasons changed, but their bond remained unbreakable, a testament to the enduring power of friendship and love.

The friends gathered under the stars on New Year's Eve, a bonfire crackling warmly in front of them. The night was clear and crisp, the sky dotted with twinkling stars. They sat on blankets and chairs arranged in a circle, their faces illuminated by the soft glow of the fire.

Jiwoo sat happily in Mingi's lap, her tiny hands playing with his fingers. Mingi smiled down at her, his heart warmed by her innocence and joy. Minji sat next to them, her hand resting on Mingi's arm, her eyes reflecting the firelight.

Wooyoung poked at the fire with a stick, a thoughtful expression on his face. He looked around at his friends, feeling a deep sense of gratitude for their presence and support over the past year.

Yunho and Risa sat close together, their shoulders touching. They had grown more comfortable with each other, their initial awkwardness replaced by a gentle intimacy. Yunho wrapped a blanket around Risa's shoulders, protecting her from the cold night air.

"Remember last year?" Yunho began, breaking the comfortable silence. "We were all so worried about what the future would hold."

Risa nodded, a soft smile on her lips. "And yet, here we are. We've come a long way."

Minji reached over and squeezed Risa's hand. "We've all grown so much. And we've done it together."

Mingi chuckled, bouncing Jiwoo gently on his knee. "And we've had this little one to keep us smiling."