Chapter 41

- "What do you mean she never came down the mountain?!"

An extremely worried Gojo paced back and forth Yaga's office, on the phone with Ijichi. 

- "I'm.. I'm not sure, Gojo-sama", the man admitted reluctantly on the other side of the line. "I dropped her off at the bottom of the mountain like we planned, but she never made it back down. And she's not answering her phone..."

Gojo's mind raced with possibilities. Had she encountered a curse on her way down? Was she injured or in danger? 

Or worse, had someone targeted her deliberately? He clenched his fists, his heart pounding loudly in his chest.  

- "Don't move Ijichi, I'll be right there with Nanami," he said firmly before hanging up. 

- "Satoru, don't make any reckless decisions up there," Yaga warned him. "We don't know what could be waiting for you. It might be a trap..."

- "I don't fucking care if it's a trap", the white haired sorcerer snapped angrily. "I'm going to get her, no matter what."

- "I understand your concern, I'm extremely worried as well, but please, exercise caution", Yaga urged, his voice tinged with worry. "We can't afford to make any mistakes. Especially now..."

Gojo nodded, acknowledging Yaga's words, but his resolve remained unyielding. He exited the office, slamming the door behind him. Nanami was waiting for him outside, his expression mirroring Gojo's concern. Without exchanging a word, they quickly made their way to the mountain where Eliana had last been seen.

They finally reached the place. The white haired man's senses were on high alert, scanning for any sign of Eliana. But the place looked... deserted. No sign of life. 

But as they ascended the trail, a faint, familiar scent caught Gojo's attention, making him freeze in his tracks. 

- "What is it, Gojo?" Nanami asked, his brows furrowed.

Gojo shook his head, confusion apparent in his expression.

- "It's nothing," he replied quickly, but his mind was racing.

"There's got to be a mistake", the man thought. 

It couldn't be... It was impossible. 

But he recognized that scent. Hell, he would recognize it among thousands. 

It was Suguru Geto's. There were no mistakes possible. 

But that was impossible... Suguru was dead. He had seen it with his own eyes. Yet, the scent was unmistakable, lingering in the air like a haunting reminder.

As they continued their ascent, Gojo couldn't shake the growing sense of unease. Why would Eliana be with someone who was supposed to be dead? What kind of danger was she in? 

He didn't like this. At all. 

They searched the mountain thoroughly, their anxiety mounting with every empty spot they checked. Behind the mountains, the sun was beginning to set. 

- "We need to keep looking," Gojo said, his voice tinged with frustration. She has to be here somewhere...

- "We've covered every inch", Nanami replied. "If she's here, she's hidden well. Or... she's been taken somewhere else."

Gojo's jaw tightened. He hated the thought of Eliana being in danger. It made him... sick. And if this entire story was somehow related to Suguru... His mind flashed back to the last time he had seen the man, to the moment he had...

No. He couldn't dwell on that now.

-" Let's try and call her again", he said, more to himself than to Nanami. 

He pulled out his phone and dialed her number for the 100th time, pressing it to his ear as it rang. And rang, the silence on the other end only amplifying his fears.

- "Come on, Eli, pick up", he muttered under his breath.

But there was no answer. Just the monotonous ringing followed by her voicemail. He hung up, a sense of helplessness washing over him.

- "Gojo, we need to go back to the school", Nanami suggested gently. "We can regroup and figure out our next steps from there. Staying here is... pointless." 

Even if he didn't want to leave, and only wanted to keep searching... he knew in his heart that Nanami was right. 

She wasn't there. 

Reluctantly, the man nodded, and they made their way back down the mountain, the journey back to Jujutsu High filled with a heavy silence.

Later that night, back in his room, Gojo paced restlessly. His mind unable to settle on anything other than Eliana. And the nagging feeling that something was terribly wrong.

He tried calling her again, but her phone still went straight to voicemail. He threw his phone on the bed in frustration, running a hand through his hair.

But suddenly, his phone buzzed. He snatched it up, his heart skipping a beat when he saw her name flash on the screen. He opened the message, his eyes scanning the text rapidly... and his heart sank in his chest. 

𝙈𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣, 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙬. 

 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨.

 𝙊𝙧 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙨. 

He stared in horror at the screen, his hands trembling as he re-read the message, hoping he had somehow misunderstood. 

But he hadn't, and panic surged through him. Who the hell could have sent that message using Eliana's phone... Could it really be Suguru? Or was it a curse... or someone completely different? 

But what he did know was that whoever was behind this, they had Eliana. 

He had to act quickly, but he couldn't tell anyone. The message had made that abundantly clear. If he involved Nanami or any of the others, Eliana's life would be in even greater danger. Taking a deep breath, he tried to calm his racing thoughts. He couldn't afford to lose his composure now. He had to think rationally, plan his next steps carefully.

He thought back to the faint scent he had picked up on the mountain. It was Suguru's, there was no doubt about it. But how could that be possible? Suguru was dead. And he knew that damn well, for one very simple reason. 

Unless... 

Unless someone was using his body and impersonating him. The mere idea made his blood run cold.

Gojo paced the room. The only option he really had was to go to that meeting point. He had to confront whoever was behind this. 

The message had made it very clear, he had three days. 

Three to come up with a plan, and prepare himself for whatever lay ahead. 

He would find Eliana. He would bring her back safely. And whoever was behind this, whether it was a curse or... Suguru, even if he dreaded that thought, would face his wrath. 

They would learn, in the most painful way possible, that you do not mess with Satoru Gojo. 

And certainly not with the people he cares about.

And as he stared out the window into the dark night, Gojo clenched his fists, anger burning in his eyes. Whoever had threatened Eliana would die by his hand. There was no other option.

The countdown had begun.