Epilogue

this is it ! no more warnings ! thank you for reading maxeus and harmony's journey ! ☹️

Epilogue
ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈✧༺♥༻∞

"I like you."

"I don't like you,"

Four words that made Francine teary-eyed. Panglima beses na siyang umamin ngayong taon sa akin pero iisa lang ang palagi kong sinasagot: hindi ko siya gusto. I am being vulgar and straightforward to her so she won't think I am giving her false hopes.

Maraming kumakalat ngayon sa school namin at inaakalang may namamagitan sa aming dalawa ni Francine. . . when the fact is, there's nothing something between us.

Limang beses na siyang umamin. Limang beses ko na siyang tinanggihan.

And yet, I am still hearing a lot of rumors that there's a relationship between us.

Tarantado ba sila o inuubo ang utak nila? For God's sake we're just in 7th grade and they're thinking about being in a relationship?

Kids nowadays are scaring me.

I breathed out loudly when I saw how Francine's tears escaped from her eyes. Malamig ko siyang tiningnan habang humihikbi siya. She's just pretending to get other people's sympathy. Hindi ako pinanganak kahapon para maging tanga at hindi makita ang pagsilip-silip niya sa akin. She's waiting for me to leave.

Francine's sobs became loud and hard. A loud pang from our classroom's door made me look at it, Killary—Francine's best friend came out from it. Lumapit siya kay Francine at agad na hinagod-gahod ang likod noon.

Malamig ang mga mata kong nakadapo sa kanila kaya iyon ang naging dahilan ng paglingon niya sa akin gamit ang kanyang nakamamatay na tingin.

I raised my brows at her. Napaka-plastic. Obvious-fucking-ly she's just using Francine to get the fame she wanted ever since but she cannot get it on her own that's why she's trying to be closed with Francine and now that she already got it. . . sinisiraan niya si Francine ng hindi niyon alam.

Napaka-tanga lang kasi nakuha rin talagang maniwala ni Francine sa mga kabalastugang sinasabi ni Killary.

"Aren't you going to say sorry to her?! Ang sama-sama ng ugali mo! Si Francine na 'to, but you still have the guts to hurt her! Didn't you know how many boys are lining up just to be with her?!" Killary hissed at me, she's still caressing her best friend's back.

My forehead creased with what she stated. Ang lakas ng loob na bulyawan ako, akala mo kung sinong alam na alam ang mga nangyari.

I cracked my neck to look at her. "What are you talking about? Try to ask your best friend, Killary. Everything's clear to me and I did my best to clear everything to her as well. Do I really have to tell her millions of times that I don't like her?"

She gasped after hearing me. "You, moron! How dare you hurt Fracine's feeling! How dare you-"

"No, Killary. How dare you," I cut her off. "What a bag of nerves—you are wasting my time and effort of speaking. Don't you understand me explaining it to you in English? Killary, nilinaw ko na ang sarili ko kay Francine—she's been confessing her feelings for me for the 5th time already, limang beses ko na rin siyang ni-reject."

I am not proud of rejecting a girl. I just want her to know that I don't have time. I don't wanna be unbothered into it either, she might hope that we have a chance. Kaya nga hangga't maaga, kapag umaamin—nire-reject ko na kaagad para wala ng false hopes.

It just pisses me off whenever people are telling me I'm the bad guy just because I didn't reciprocate the girl's feelings.

Kapal.