Disco ball

As Loki guides me to the edge of the balcony, I witness the sprawling scene unfolding before us

In the distance, the sun is just beginning to appear, its warm, orange glow creeping up from the blanket of pristine snow. The meeting point of the receding night sky and the dawning light creates a breathtaking scene, and I am mesmerised by its beauty.

"It's beautiful, Loki," I whisper, unable to tear my eyes away from the magnificent display.

Without missing a beat, he replies instantly, "I've never seen anything more majestic."

I glance over to him, expecting to find his gaze fixed upon the horizon, drinking in the same captivating view. But to my surprise, Loki's eyes are trained solely on me, his expression almost impossibly tender.

"The beautiful sunrise is that way," I say, gesturing towards the distant skyline. But he merely arches a brow, ignoring my pointed remark.

"Don't you recall what I said?" he murmurs, his voice low and rich. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do not need to look there, for I have already found the sun that dazzles me."

Loki's words, so deeply infused with emotion, cause a warmth to bloom within my chest. But the moment his skin meets mine, his hand encasing my own, I become acutely aware of the intention behind his touch.

Something has changed between us, its unmistakable now. I feel it in every little look we exchange, and every gentle touch that seems to linger. No longer are they a mere comforting gesture, a friendly action, but a silent declaration of the deeper feelings that now exist between us.

"Don't do that again, Min Karlek..." he murmurs, the seriousness in his tone obvious.

"Do what?" I frown, genuinely perplexed.

His gaze holds mine, unwavering. "Don't make me threaten the gods above with infernal fire directed upwards, should you not come back to me."

His words cause a sudden gust to circulate inside me, the dormant butterflies fluttering to life and starting a ruckus within the depth of my belly.

I realise he's referring to my reckless adventure, the one where I had bolted off into the snow. Had he truly prayed to the gods, pleading for my safe return?

"Does that mean I made you worry?" I ask, unable to hide the small, playful smirk that tugs at the corners of my lips.

Loki maintains his cool composure, but I detect a flicker of something deeper in his eyes. "I was not worried," he says, his voice steady, but the slight tension in his jaw betrays his true emotions. "I did not worry because there is nowhere you could go that I wouldn't follow. I will always find you, Annalise."

My mind immediately recalls Joben's haunting words—that when a devil falls in love, he'll go to the depths of hell for her. Is this what Loki is implying with his resolute declaration that he would always find me, no matter where I might go? Would he have searched all through the night, driven by an all-consuming need to ensure my safety, my return to him?