6.

The immense pain in the head surrounded her vision as she softly opened her eyes. The only thing she could see, being blurry outlines of the furniture in her office.

The sun was blocked by the heavy, dark curtains in front of the big windows. Only a few sunbeams managed their way around the fabric, throwing a yellow light onto the carpet.

"How are you feeling, miss?"

A sweet voice spoke from Chaerin's side, causing her to flinch. She whipped her head in the same direction the voice came from, spotting a young woman.

Chaerin gasped, getting up immediately to create some distance.

She started mustering the woman.

A young woman, probably around Chaerin's age with black, silky hair falling on her shoulders. She was wearing a black-white maidens dress, some black tights and black shiny pumps.

"Who are you?" Chaerin breathed.

"Miss Yoon, please lay back down. You need to rest." She softly spoke, taking a few steps towards Chaerin.

Her heads were reaching out, while she tried to get Chaerin back on the leather couch. But before she could get any closer, Chaerin pulled out the gun, which was sitting under the waistband of her pants.

The cold metal was sitting in her hand as she pointed it towards the now shaking maid.

In that moment, the door of the office opened and a familiar figure walked in.

"No need to worry" Seungcheol hurried to his boss, and took the gun from her. "She's one of the maids, i ordered her to take care of you while you were unconscious."

His hand was resting on top of hers, feeling the warmth of his body calmed Chaerin immediately.

"You need to rest, Chaerin." He said, not taking his eyes off of her.

Chaerin took her hand out of his grip, before walking over to the scared maid.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, i didn't know you work here." Chaerin grabbed her hands and pressed them firmly. "Thank you for taking care of me, you may go home now." She spoke with a soft smile.

The maid bowed formally to both, Chaerin and Seungcheol, took her purse and left the office quickly.

Chaerin threw the gun on her desk before plumping down on the couch, opposite to Seungcheol.
Her hands were massaging her temples as she tried to recall yesterday.

"Why was I unconscious?" She suddenly asked him.

Seungcheol lit himself a cigarette.

"Those japanese people were trying to screw you over, they weren't interested in a partnership, but wanted to see you dead." He explained to her, leaning on the wooden desk.

"I thought they were already partners of my father? How come they negotiated with him but wanted to kill me ?" Chaerin's elbows were sitting on her knees as she tried to understand the situation.

Seungcheol followed every move she made, trying to understand her.

"And you lost your consciousness due to a crash we were having. The japanese rammed into our car and tried to get us off the road, causing the car to hit a tree frontal." He said, while looking out of the window.

Chaerin hated it.
This new lifestyle.
The organization.
Even Seungcheol, simply because he was involved in this.

She got up and walked over to a cabinet, filled with all sorts of whiskey.

"You want a drink?" She asked him.

Seungcheol pulled his eyebrows together in disbelief, putting out the cigarette while continuing to watch her.

"What are you planing to do now?" He asked her, ignoring the drink-question.

Chaerin shrugged, she didn't want to do anything.
All she wanted to do was quit.
Quit and leave everything behind her.

"Chaerin, we need to purchase and sell. This organization lives off the drug business." He said, walking up to her.

Seungcheol grabbed the glass from her hands and placed it on the desk behind him. He looked her straight in the eyes while grabbing her shoulders: "You need to give out orders now."

Chaerin blinked a couple of times, switching between Seungcheol's eyes and his lips.

"I need your help" she whispered, tears welling from her eyes.

Seungcheol felt bad, he hated putting pressure on someone.

"I'll get Mingyu to discuss the next move, just stay here." He said, before leaving the office.

Chaerin's stomach twisted.
Maybe from all the stress or from something horrible that was about to happen.