7.

The steam from the freshly brewed coffee was slowly rising and fading in the middle of the room.

Mingyu and Seungcheol were both sitting on the leather couch, Chaerin taking a seat on her big office chair. Her eyes were darted to the beautiful nature outside, not really paying attention to Mingyu's complaining.

"Who even agrees to an negotiation without a proper Backgroundcheck?" He whined, grabbing a fistful of his dark hair.

Even Seungcheol was more than annoyed by his friend. He was aware of Mingyu's hatred towards Chaerin, the incident yesterday only adding more fuel to the fire.

"You could've both died!" He almost yelled.

Seungcheol got up, Chaerin's eyes following his every move, while he walked towards Mingyu. His tongue was poking the inner side of his cheek, hands in his pockets.

"Mingyu, i get your frustration, but you're not the only one experienced in here." He spoke in a stern tone.

Due to his height, Mingyu got to look down at Seungcheol, that didn't bother him though.

A grin formed on Mingyu's face.

"And certainly not the boss." Seungcheol finished.

The atmosphere between them was tense, the air thickening with every second. Mingyu looked at Chaerin, who was watching carefully from a distance.

"Where did you gain the balls, Cheol?" Mingyu asked, taking things a bit personal.

Back when Beom-seok, their former boss, recruited them along with other 'trainees', they weren't exactly like today.

Mingyu has always been popular, even among the trainees. He was always the best, fastest and most hardworking out of all contestants and he was well aware of his potential.

Beom-seok always preferred him.

Seungcheol on the other hand, completely different. He had to train hard, gain muscle and mass before being able to learn those skills. He was an outsider, always being pushed around by the others, not gaining any friends like Mingyu did.

But Beom-seok saw his potential.

He just needed to gain physical strength and train even more, to reach up to Mingyu's level.

----
He was envious.
Seungcheol was watching Mingyu from a distance, he was eating so properly, finishing his third plate while he couldn't even finish a bowl of soup.

His arms were too skinny, not as muscular as his.
His stamina was too weak.
Mingyu was way faster than him.
And Beom-seok practically loved Mingyu.

No training would get him to that point.
Sometimes, Seungcheol wondered why he was chosen to be a trainee in this organization.

He couldn't complain, though.
It was good money and he could help his family with it.

Even though Seungcheol doesn't really know what this Organization does, he didn't imagine anything bad.

"Seungcheol, come here." He heard his name being called from a distance.

As he looked up, his boss was looking down at him, pity in his eyes. Seungcheol got up immediately and bowed formally before being dragged into the middle of the room.

Mingyu was standing in front him, having an emotionless expression on his face.

"I choose you two, Kim Mingyu and Choi Seungcheol as my new right-hand men." Beom-seok spoke, causing shivers to form on Seungcheol's skin.

He was chosen.
They were chosen.

Mingyu was also confused, but not about him being chosen but about Seungcheol.

Beom-seok pulled both by their necks close to him, whispering something into their ears:

"For the next months, you two will live and train together. I want you to push each other up, filling out each other's lack of knowledge and abilities."

"Yes, sir." Both answered him before taking a quick look in each other's eyes.

They were chosen.