27.

Sza - Low

Her breath was heavy. Stopping with every punch she threw, putting all of the strength and build up frustration.

"Is that all?" Seungcheol said after blocking another hard punch.

Him and Chaerin had been training for hours, both sweaty from all the fighting but still having enough energy left.

"Watch out" Seungcheol said before hitting the right side of her face, not too hard of course.

He brought his fists up to his face again before giving Chaerin some advice: "You need to bring up your hands more, guard your face."

Chaerin slowly started loosing her patience as Seungcheol hit her over and over again. She didn't get hurt, since it wasn't hard but she got mad.

"Face" was the last word that came out of his mouth before he swung another punch.

This time though, Chaerin dodged his punch and threw her fist right at his face. With a big grunt he stumbled back, holding the side of his face, while still looking at the woman in front of him.

"Fuck, that was hard." He whined, looking at the blood on his fingers.

Chaerin hit his face so hard, that it cut the upper side of his cheek. Blood started slowly dripping out of it, running down his soft yet cold cheek.

Guilt started rushing over her as she quickly approached him: "I told you not to provoke me."

Seungcheol smiled.
The touch of Chaerin warming his heart, a comfortable feeling setting in.

His eyes were on her face, scanning it up and down to take in every inch.

Being this close to Chaerin gave him flashbacks of their kiss, a somewhat stupid but at the same time beautiful experience.

"It's swelling, you should have a nurse come and check it out." She said, fingertips slowly tracing the outline of the bruise.

His breath was tickling on her face as she realized how close they were.

Seungcheol's hands were resting on the side of her arms before they wandered up to cup her face. Both of their hearts picking up their pace, breath hitching as the distance slowly became shorter.

"Good lord, it stinks in here."

A familiar voice appeared, causing them to practically jump away from each other. Both faces searching for the source of the disturbance.

Wonwoo was casually walking past them with a bunch of cables in his hands. He didn't seem to care thathe caught his boss and co worker almost kissing.

"Wonwoo, for how long have you been here?" Chaerin nervously asked.

He placed the cables down next to the laptop, pushed his glasses up before looking at Chaerin. His face was neutral, not blushing from the weird interaction.

"Not too long. Mingyu sent me here to check out the cable of the speakers, he said it won't play music no more and he absolutely can not work on his triceps without Celine Dion."

"What?" Seungcheol asked with a confused expression.

Wonwoo held up his hands in defense "His words, not mine. Don't like Celine Dion."

"Whatever, im going to take a shower now." Chaerin said, grabbing her bag before heading out of the gym.

But before she left, Chaerin glanced at Seungcheol.
Her gaze couldn't be interpreted, different than usual.

Seungcheol stood there for a second, gaze to the floor and his hands prepped up on his hips. He tried to sort his thoughts, what would have happened if Wonwoo didn't came in?

He wasn't sure if the kiss would have happened.
Maybe she would've pulled back?

"May I ask you something?" Wonwoo suddenly said, busy with the computer in front of him.

Why don't you just shut up and continue working on that stupid fuc-

"Sure, what's up?" He began collecting the guards and gloves on the floor.

Wonwoo straightened up, his glasses slowly sliding down his nose as he gathered all the courage in him to ask Seungcheol this question.

"Is there something going on between You and Miss Yoon?" he asked, dying inside while keeping his composure on the outside.

Seungcheol stopped mid-movement.
He wasn't sure if Wonwoo was the right person to talk about this, or if anyone should know in general.

"How come you ask?" He asked.

Wonwoo took a deep breath in "Well, she's been very distracted ever since you two came back from japan, plus i've seen you and her many times before, closer than boss and employee should be." he explained.

"Promise you won't tell anyone." he got closer to Wonwoo, lowering his voice so no one can listen.

Wonwoo nodded softly.

___________________________________

The waterdrops ran down her body. Tiny rivers forming on her curves as she began washing out the shampoo in her hair.

soft melodies leaving her mouth in humming.

As soon as Chaerin arrived in her home, she hurried in to the bathroom and hopped into the shower, ignoring her boyfriend on the couch entirely.

I can't believe i almost kissed him again.

The shampoo was long washed out of her hair, but Chaerin still stood under the shower. She didn't want to interact with the man outside, slowly beginning to loose feelings for him.

She felt bad, guilty for noticing the loss of love. She didn't get excited as soon as seeing him, no sparks whenever he kissed her and absolutely no desire to get intimate.

"Babe, everything alright?" a soft knock on the wooden door scared her for a second.

a sigh left her mouth as she turned off the water, got out and wrapper her warm, wet body in the white towel.

With an empty expression, she opened the door. The white steam escaped into the somewhat cold bedroom, wrapping around her boyfriend's frame.

"Babe, are you good? You seemed disturbed when you came home..." His cold hands grabbed the side's of her arms, holding them tight as he was talking to her.

Just like Seungcheol did.
But with him, it was different.
It felt good.

_____________________________________

song of the chapter: low - sza   chaerin's Song: doo woop - lauryn hill

   chaerin's Song: doo woop - lauryn hill