21.

The frozen grass was cracking beneath her footsteps, her breath forming into white clouds as she walked through the city. 

Chaerin has landed in Japan a few hours ago, way too early for her appointment tomorrow. After a bit in her hotel room, she decided to take a walk through the beautiful city, Tokyo. Even though she has visited Japan's capital city before, there were still things she hasn't seen before. 

Of course, she couldn't walk alone but had to take Seungcheol with her. 

Both were now walking through a park, where the trees were decorated with purple lights and tiny hills of snow were shining in various colors. Usually, this park was considered a very popular spot for dates and couples in general, therefore it shouldn't have been a suprise that majority of the other visitors were holding hands and kissing. 

"This place is beautiful!" Chaerin stated with big eyes, her hands were holding a cup of hot chocolate. 

Seungcheol was next to her, his eyes following the steam as he nodded. He noticed the other couples, feeling the need to hold someone's hands as well. 

To him, it felt like everyone else looked at them for not being affectionate.

"How's your chocolate ?" he asked, pulling out a cigarette before lighting it.

Chaerin didn't exactly like the smell of cigarettes, even though she smoked herself, but with Seungcheol it was different. It would've been a lie, if someone said that he was unattactive, because he was. 

And whenever he put that stem between his full lips, Chaerin felt things. 

"This might be the best one i ever had" She laughed" Thank you, again." 

Seungcheol just grinned, his eyes darting to the two young woman in front of him.

Two girls, probably around twelve years old, were suddenly standing in front of him. Big grins were plastered around their faces as thewere speaking to them in japanese.

Chaerin just looked at Seungcheol with a big question mark in her face, as he was explaining to the girls with his broken japanese, that they didn't speak japanese. 

One girl handed him a note.

We are Takahashi Kimora and Yamamoto Natsuko, we're twelve and thirteen and currently attending Tokyo Girl's Academy. 

We are raising money to renovate our class room by selling flowers and chocolate. Would you like to buy one ?

The heat started rising in Seungcheol's cheeks as he read the letter, quickly stuffing it into his pocket as Chaerin started looking over hi shoulder. 

"Let me see!" she whined. 

Seungcheol thought for a moment before smiling at the girl. Chaerin ouldn't see them, since his back was facing her. 

Just when she was fed up enough, Seungcheol turned around with his hands behind his back, a grin on his face. Chaerin pulled her brows together, glaring at the guy in front of her. 

The snow started falling down on her nose as he pulled out a red rose from behind his back.

"Seungcheol" Chaerin said, looking down at the flower in her hand. 

Her heart was beating at an immaculate pace, poundig against her chest and cusing the blood to rise into her cheeks. Her fingertips were tingling and her knees became week, stomach twisting. 

Before Chaerin could open her mouth, her phone began ringing. 

"Where are you ?" Mingyu asked, his voice stern and cold. 

Chaerin cleared her throat: "Currently in a park, why ?" 

Mingyu was sitting on his boss's office chair, feet crossed on her table and a cigar in his mouth. 

"I've sent you an file with some important information for tomorrow's negotiation. You should read them, they kind of matter." He explained, looking the folder in front of him.

Chaerin nodded, assuring him that she would prepare well enough for tomorrow, in case something like last time would happen again. 

The danger, that the japanese would try to hurt or even finish her off was too big. But the organisation needd their drugs and Chaerin needed confidants. 

"God, he's just like my father." Chaerin hung up and shook her head in disbelief. 

Seungcheol grinned at her, before spotting a figure far behind her. He darted his eyes, tried to see who was watching Chaerin and him so suspiciously.

"Are you alright ?" Chaerin asked, as she watched Seungcheol slowly putting his hand under his shirt and on his hip. A part his hip flashed through , revealing the strap of his underwear. 

Chaerin didn't dare to keep on peeping, before her body was pulled closer to his own. He wrapped his hands around her, his warm breath tickling o her cold skin as his lips moved closer to hers. 

"Don't turn around." Seungcheol whispered in her ear.

Her heartbeat didn't increase it's pace from his sudden change in boehavior, it didn't fasten because of the stressed look on his face. It fastened because she was able to feel his heart pounding, she felt under how much stress his body was. 

For the first time, Chaerin saw Seungcheol different, more sympathic. 

"We're going to pretend like we didn't saw him and walk to a different hotel.  I'll call Mingyu and have him organise reinforcement." Seungcheol's hands were cupping her cheeks, a smile on his face to make that strange person believe that they were just a normal couple being in love. 

Chaerin just nodded. She was feeling too many emotions at once to possibly form a sentence. 

Seungcheol grabbed her hand and intertwined his cold fingers with hers, before starting to walk out of the park. With his free hand, he dialed mingyu's number. Chaerin was triying to observe his face inconspicuously, spotting how his eyes moved rapidly. 

"Fuck." Seungcheol gritted through his teeth. 

"What's wrong?" Chaerin was keeping the act pretty well, smiling with every word. 

"Mingyu is not answering." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi everyone, 

some may have seen that my playlist for this book went offline. if you still want to ceck it out, it's back up now :)

dont forget my other social medias, where i'll post about this book and some more.

thank u

k, bye for now :)