20

The argument between Jia and Seungcheol had settled a little down over the past days. Seungcheol went back home a she called, crying hysterically, and apologized with a bouquet of flowers and chocolate.

They've talked for hours, listening and trying to understand each others perspective. Even though, Jia was the one talking the most, leaving Seungcheol no room to express his feelings before she started kissing and undressing him.

Seungcheol couldn't help but feel bad for her.

To Jia, everything was back to normal. Chaerin was finally off the table and she was back in her boyfriends heart and mind, at least that is what Jia imagined.

But the reality was different.

Seungcheol's feelings were still disappearing, not feeling the same as he felt when they first met. He couldn't control his mind, as much as he wished to. of course, it would be for the better, if Jia was the only woman in his mind.

He wished that she was the one, he thought about at night.
He wished that she was the one, making him smile while driving to work.
He wished that she was the only person, that could make him get excited about stayig longer at work.

But it wasn't Jia.
And Seungcheol knew it better than anyone.

--------------------------------------

The door fell in it's lock as she released a deep breath.

After the call ended, Chaerin was quick to convince him to go apologise to Jia. Her sobs on the phone made Chaerin's heart sank, knowing exactly what she was going through.

"She is your girlfriend, Seungcheol. You love her, right ?" she asked.

He thought she didn't notice his hesistation, but she did.
Very well.

But Chaerin decided not to dig any deeper, this wasn't her business at he end of the day. She just wanted to help a girl in need, by kicking her boyfriend's ass.

She couldn't help, but feel weird about this situation. Somehow, the vening with Seungcheol felt relaxing for a change. No stress, just food and a couple of drinks with a good friend. However, Seungcheol was not a good friend but her employee, a fact hat she needed to remind herself to.

Seungcheol was just a very likeable person, he was friendy listened to you whenever you got something on your heart and on top of that, he gave amazing advice.

"Miss" A gentle voice pierced through her daydreaming.

Youngmi, one of Chaerin's secretaries, was standing in the door with her hands clasped together. It seemed like she had some urgent news, sweat pearls running down her forehead.

Chaerin's stomach started twisting and it was definetly not the alcohol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seungcheol was lying in his bed.

His arms were propped behind his head, the beige silk sheets covering just the nessecarities as he glanced out of the window.

About thirty minutes ago, he arrived at home to apologise to Jia. He didn't mean to hurt her, his feelings confusing him more than anything. But Seungcheol didn't get to talk a lot before his girlfriend dragged him to bed.

Everything seemed to be back to normal, at least to Jia. Seungcheol on the other hand was plagued by his guilty conscience, trying to not let her notice anything.

His feelings for Jia were almost gone, memories together being the only thing tht's keeping him at this point. And Seungcheol knew that him sleeping with her, would just confirm his 'feelings'.

He knew that it was more than wrong.

"That was amazing, i didn't know that you still love me that much." she suggled into his arm, her finger drawing small circled on his bare stomach.

Seungcheol didn't know what to answer, therefore he just smiled at her.

"I am so glad that you finally realized what's important in life, now we can spend as much time as we want together." She spoke before kissing his neck softly, small pecks down his chest.

Seungcheol's heartbeat doubled, his body flinching by the sound of a phone ringing. He immediately sat up and grabbed his cellphone.

Chaerin

Jia rolled her eyes, knowing what would happen next when Seungcheol answered the phone.

She also didn't miss the smile as soon as he heard her voice.

"I hope i didn't interrupt you in anything." Chaerin laughed, stuffing her mouth with a cinnamon roll.

"It's alright, what's up?" Seungcheol got up, put on sweatpants and left Jia in the dimmed bedroom.

Naked.

Chaerin was sitting at home, eating several desserts her boyfriend had made. Her leg was probbed on the chair, stirring the latte.

"Listen, i totally forgot that we're supposed to go to Tokyo tomorrow, The japanese are ready to negotiate." she said.

Jia was now behind Seungcheol, hopefully seeing how her boyfriend rejects her boss for once, but that wouldn't happen.

Never.

"Sure, no problem. Just you and me ?" He asked, smiling from ear to ear.

"Yeah, i kind of didn't want to tell Mingyu since he's so overprotective."

Hearing Chaerin giggle made his heart jump.

Jia's heart however shattered in a million pieces, clenching like it was pressed together. No matter how horrible she was to other poeple, she loved him.

Therefore, she knew from that point, that Chaerin needed to go.
No matter how.