26.

Chaerin's conscience has been bothering her for days now, her mind full with all sorts of thoughts.

The kiss wouldnt leave her mind.

Her belly twisted at being able to taste and feel him at last. No, Chaerin understood that there was more going on between them than just a cordial employee-boss relationship.

Seungcheol's attire, cologne, and overall demeanor all combined to create an explosive effect on her heart.

She cherished everything.

Or was it just her pathetic attempt to attract attention from men, something her boyfriend wasn't able to provide her?

Seungcheol would let the world burn for Chaerin; he gave her everything and more. However, she wasn't aware of his feelings let alone her own.

"Alright, I'll head out." her boyfriend walked out of the bedroom, dressed up casually in a suit and some dress shoes. Chaerin's eyes followed his every step before they returned to the book in front of her.

He sighed while putting on his somewhat expensive watch : "Out."

Chaerin giggled as an response to his cold answer: "Sounds fun, have lots of fun."

Her foot was tapping impatiently and aggressive onto the wooden floor beneath her. It wasn't the first time that he went out late at night and refuse to give her an explenation. But Chaerin couldn't pinpoint the reason to why he suddenly became so distant.

Before she could open her mouth again, to ask him where's he's heading, the door closed with a loud bang and flooded the room with silence.

"Fucking asshole." She spoke as she slammed her book close.

Chaerin needed a way to release anger, frustration and sadness. Soon enough she changed and was on her way to the gym in her company, hoping that he wasn't there.

"Good evening, Miss Yoon." The receptionist bowed politely as she entered the building, earning a smile from Chaerin in return. She headed to the elevator, head hanging low while hoping that no one would recognize or talk to her.

"May I join ?" a familiar voice suddenly appeared behind her as the elevator opened it's doors.

Wonwoo was standing a bit behind his boss, a laptop in one hand and a bunch of cables in the other, his black glasses were slowly sliding down his nose.

"Shit, Wonwoo you scared me." Chaerin admitted with a hand clenching her chest before pushing up his glasses and gesturing him to follow.

"Why are you here ? And so late, aren't you supposed to take off a couple of days?" Wonwoo asked, a genuine and innocent look on his face as he stood next to Chaerin.

She nodded "I wanted to work out and the one here is the only gym i like."

Wonwoo stayed silent for a while, one eyebrow raised as he started thinking: "But you never work out ?" Suddenly, he grabbed her wrist and held his thunb on it "And your pulse is pretty fast, are you disturbed ?"

Chaerin glanced at Wonwoo "I appreciate your sympathy but I need to get out here." With that, the elevator doors opened and Chaerin hurried out.

Usually, she wasn't phased by Wonwoo and his straighr forward questions. But now, with all the other crap on her mind, she couldn't bare spending another minute with him in the elevator.

With her glance to the floor, she walked straight into the gym and placed her bag on the floor. It's been a while since she worked out, especially alone.

But she needed this right now.
Just like when she was a teenager.

With quick movements, she plugged in her headphones, pressed play and started getting on the treadmill.