12.

Muay Thai, sometimes referred to as Thai boxing, is a Thai martial art and full-contact combart sport that uses stand-up striking, sweeps, and various  techniques. Muay Thai will help you with strength and conditioning, reducing stress and anxiety, feeling better overall. It also builds confidence and is very good for self-defense.

In 1969, when Chaerin was only nine years old, her dad introduced her to Muay Thai. He believed that even as a girl, she needed to train and learn how to fight and protect herself, he also didn't like all of the glitter sticking onto any surface.

For almost ten years, Chaerin practiced Martial Arts, becoming used and felings the need to do it everyday. She became strong, focused and confident, while finding passion and fun in sport.

"How long did you do MMA ?" Seungcheol asked, while holding up the boxing pads for her to punch it.

They've been training for almost an hour now.

Chaerin felt good.

She finally found an outlet to release all the stress, anxiety and anger that built up over the years. The stress from her mom scolding her over grades, the anger that her father constantly caused her and the anxiety that her new position in this organization brought her.

"Muay Thai for nine years and boxing for seven." She spoke during punches, becoming more agressive and harder with each hit. Even Seungcheol was taken back.

"And why did you quit ?" He asked, trying to adjust to the new intensity.

Chaerin didn't quit because of her dropping grades or because of the illegal underground fighting she was participating in, but because she was forced to. As soon as Chaerin turned 18, her father believed it was time to get married for his little offspring.

In Beomseok's opinion, practicing Martial Arts and fighting was not feminine and wouldn't attract a husband for Chaerin.

"No time" she hissed and hit Seungcheol hard, thoughts drifting back to the moment when Beomseok forced her to quit.

1980

The hot water was running down Chaerin's body, washing all the sweat and some of the blood off. She just came back from one of the fights, hopped straight under the shower so her father wouldn't notice the blood feom the cut on her lip.

After washing her hair and body, Chaerin dried off and got dressed, while doing that, she was humming.

Her peace was disturbed by loud knocking on the bathroom door, followed by her name being called multiple times.

"Open up, now." Beomseok yelled, being obviously angry.

Chaerin rolled her eyes, slipped in a white tanktop before opening the door. The steam escaped the room and blew right in Beomseok's face.

He sighed "Where were you ?"

It took Chaerin a second to answer, contemplating if she should tell the truth or proceed to lie.

" At Minji's" she lied.

Minji was Chaerin's best friend, so it wasn't improbable.

Beomseok spottet the cut on her lip, sliding with hist humb over it. the pressure on the wound made Chaerin flinch, confirming his thoughts.

"You're not doing this anymore." He spoke, turning on his heels to walk away from his daughter.

Chaerin scoffed: "Alright, I won't sneak out anymore. And i'll stop the fighting." She held up her hands in defense.

"You won't have a chance to because you won't do MMA anymore."

Chaerin's heart sank, her blood starting to boil as she followed him down the hallway.

"Why do i have to quit ?" She asked.

Beomseok chose not to answer her, he knew it wouldn't do anything.

"Don't let me catch you participating in this sport again." without turning his back, he walked down the stairs and left the house.

It was raining heavily as Chaerin watched her father drive off into the night.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Chaerin froze as she remembered that day.

Seungcheol noticed the sudden change in body language and behaviour, he noticed how soft the punches became.

"You good ?" he asked, letting his hands fall before taking the pads off.

Chaerin was hit back into reality by his voice, slowly starting to unwrap her hands.

"Yeah, i'm fine. I'm going to go home now." She spoke, walking past him.

Seungcheol should not care, but he did.

Unfortunately.