13

Ever since Chaerin and Seungcheol trained,  she couldn't think about anything else but her father. It reminded her how he was never there, his abscence causing severe trauma.

She started thinking about the last time they talked, the last time he just called her. Beomseok hasn't called his daughter one time since she took over his company, not even caring about her well-being.

"What do you think ?" a faded voice echoed through her thoughts, making her snap back to reality. But it wasn't just a voice, it was Seungcheol sitting worried in front of her.

Papers with plans scribbled on them were scattered across the table.

He noticed the chance in her behavior the day they trained and in the following week. She missed meetings, didn't respond to any calls and was always mentally absent with her thoughts.

Seungcheol sighed, his pen tapping nervously on the wood.

He felt helpless. Why couldn't he just not care ?

"Are you alright ?" he asked, taking a sip from his almost cold coffee.

Chaerin's cold hands wandered from the table to her face, where she began rubbing it roughly. She was tired, not being able to sleep lately.

"I am tired." She started "Do you mind if we postpone all of this ?" Her index finger drew circled over the mess on the table.

"Postpone?" seungcheol asked, unsure if he heard right, but by the look on Chaerin's face he could tell that she was serious. The dark circles under her eyes, wearing no make up and a simple almost lazy outfit.

He could tell that she was not doing well.
But chose not to mention it, she's still his boss.

"It's not good if we postpone this, tomorrow's the meeting." He simply explained.

Right.

Mingyu, Seungcheol and Chaerin were supposed to fly to Japan the next day to set things straight and meet their new potential V-man. The string between Japan and the organization ripped off hen the japanese decided to attack Chaerin, which caused huge loss of money.

"But i assume that Mingyu's free ronight, so I'll meet up with him and we'll set everything." Seungcheol collected all the documents and closed the folder with them.

"You can go rest." He spoke before getting up and left.

Even though, sleep was all that Chaerin was craving in that moment, her body feeling like a bag filled with bricks, she did feel bad.

Seungcheol didn't have to do this, yet he did.

Before she could thank him, he was gone. The door falling silently in its lock and the room going back to complete silence.

With the folders under his arm and a cigarette in his other hand, Seungcheol left the building. Not knowing whether he should be mad or have compassion.

Rain was pouring from the cloudy sky of Seoul as he slipped into the black SUV. Mingyu was busy, flipping the pages of his notebook, not noticing his new companion.

"Didn't i told you-" he took the cigarette out of Seungcheol's grip before flicking it out of the window.

"-to not smoke in my fucking car ?" Mingyu gritted through his teeth.

"You smoke yourself." Seungcheol threw the documents on the backseat.

He took a deep breath.
Mingyu mumbled something as he started the car: "Where's our Girlboss ?"

Seungcheol hated the way Mingyu talked about Chaerin, how he made fun of her.

"She's not feeling well." He just said.

Mingyu giggled, his free hand running through his black hair: "Did Loverboy finally knock her up ?"

Loverboy was how Mingyu referred to Chaerin's boyfriend, who he accidentally met once.

Seungcheol's fist were tightening with each word from Mingyu, his knuckles already visible under the skin.

"Not pregnant, just tired."

"Yeah, probably." Mingyu stopped at the red light "would've been too good to be true anyways."

Seungcheol tried to calm down, not knowing why this affected him so much. His eyes were fixed on the landscape, some cows on a field and a bunch of cops.

"Fuck" Seungcheol whispered.

A road block was a few miles ahead of them. Police officers with guns were stopping vehicles, apparently looking for something.

"Any drugs in the car ?" Seungcheol asked, eyes still on the closer block.

Mingyu shook his head, eyes widened "Just a bunch of illegal weapons."