18.

Chaerin's words shouldn't have hurted him as much a they did, seeing her being angry at him and him only disturbed him in a way he's never experienced before. 

Three days passed since the incident with Mingyu happened, not only did Chaerin only communicate with Mingyu but there was also no business happening. 

And a mafia lives off of business.

Seungcheol watched the cartoon figure on his tv jump up and down, trying to distract himself. His legs were spread long over the bed, arm crossed behind his head as his chest fell repeatedly. 

After a while he noticed Jia standing in the doorframe, a mischevious grin plastered over her face as she swung some bags in front of her boyfriends face.

"What is that?" he asked, obviously being not extremely interested for what Jia wasted his money. Even though she came for a wealthy family, she insisted on taking Seungcheol's. For whatever reason, he just ran with it. 

"Well, just when i thought i finished my little shopping spree, i came across a nice boutique selling some of your favorite pieces." She smiled, before pulling a red piece of lace out of the bag. 

Even though that piece was covering only the nessecarities and would look amazing on Jia, he couldn't get himself excited over it. 

"How much did you pay for that?" he asked, not taking an eye off of the tv. 

Jia was visibly hurt by Seungcheol's lack of excitement and gratefulness. She got up and left quickly to put the red fabric on, hoping that this would make him jump her. 

"What do you think?" She leaned seductively against the doorframe, waiting for an reaction.

Seungcheol glanced at her quickly before letting out an sigh: "You look good." 

His monotone voice didn't quite convince her, but she didn't give up yet. Even after Seungcheol made it clear, that he wasn't in the mood today, Jia wouldn't let it go. 

She sat down next to him, looking his body up and down before slowly starting to carress his chest. Her fingers wandered down to his thigh, rubbing it up and down, before trying to slip her hand under his waistband. 

Just when she was almost in his pants, Seungcheol snapped. 

"Can't you take No for an fucking answer?" he yelled, getting up to put on a shirt. 

Tears were welling up in Jia's eyes, just when she yelled back: "What's so wrong with me that you won't be intimate with me?" 

For the last weeks, Jia felt like she wasn't enough for him. Maybe because she didn't try hard enough, or simply because he didn't find her attractive no more. 

"Am I that disgusting?" She asked, hands in front of her face as she cried into them.

"I want to sleep with you when i feel like  it and not because you need to prove yourself something." He slipped on a hoodie, grabbed his keys and walked out into the living room.
He put on his shoes and opened the door but before he could leave, Jia asked him where he was going.

"Work." He simply answered. 

She huffed "Right, so you can go and fuck her." 

He paused a moment to compose himself, eyes closed to remain silent and to think about the next words coming out of his mouth. 

"And if i did, she wouldn't grope me atleast." and with that he was gone and the door fell in it's lock.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chaerin was sitting at her desk, it was way past midnight. All she did for the past hours was call potential business partners that could replace the japanese. 

Wonwoo left an hour ago, saying that he had a wedding to attend in the morning. 

Leaving her all alone in a giant building, just some guards downstairs at the front door. 

She typed what felt like the thousandth email, with all sorts of typos, as she heard a silent knock on the wooden door. Her hand immediately wandered to the cold gun, stuck under her desk, before she ordered the visitor to enter. 

The door opened an inch and Seungcheol's face appeared. 

Somehow, Chaerin felt relieve but also annoyance by spotting his face. 

"What are you doing here, it's late." Chaerin continued typing, not glaring once at the man at the door. 

"I was driving through the streets and saw the lights in your office, wanted to check on you." He said, stepping closer and revealing a white plastic bag in his hand.

Chaerin sighed and unbottened her beige blazer, she folded her hands and looked at him: "Really sweet but i don't need no one checking on me." 

Seungcheol's face dropped, he knew what he had to do. 

He cleared his throat, causing Chaerin to look up from her computer once again.

"I also wanted to apologize to you, I should've called you in both situations and i shouldn't decline your calls." he started, sitting down on the leather couch, hear hanging loosely in his face. The dim lights throwing a beautiful light on his face, making him seem even more attractive.

"I was just really scared, you know. I never had a best friend like Mingyu and even though we make it seem like we hate eachother-" he stopped a second to look at Chaerin. 

"We're all we have." he just shrugged. 

Chaerin's frown turned into a soft, tired smile before her glance wandered down to the bag.

"Oh right, i was taught to never apologize to a woman emtpy handed." he placed the bag on his lap, pulled out two steaming boxes and bottles.

"Soju and Tteokbokki!"