Chapter 14: Government Intervention Attack

It has been a few days now since Goku confronted his ex-wife Chichi. He was furious at her for what she did last year. Now he felt much better for standing out for himself, he must continue the job. Bulma had finished restoring Kami's ship. Now it looks like they were ready to take off, but Bulma interrupted them with a nervous look.

"Um, bad news, guys, there are only three passage seats instead of four," Bulma announced.

"Aw, man, well, I'm off then," Goku said with a disappointed look.

"No, Goku. You go. I'll stay behind." Piccolo suggested.

"What? Are you saying you're going to fly off to outer space without oxygen? You would suffocate there!" Goku said, worried.

"I'll be taking care of Gohan while you three go to the Frieza Force without us. We'll be fine." Piccolo assured him.

"But you are the only one who can help us. There must be something else we should give you a spare." Goku said.

He gave him a confused look. "And what spare are you saying?"

"A seat, dummy."

"What did you call me, Goku?" Piccolo growled in annoyance.

Goku flinched so he kept his mouth shut. "N-Nothing."

"I'm pretty sure Bulma has an extra spaceship, right, Bulma?" Makoto said, looking at her with a kind smile.

"You are welcome to use the Capsule Spaceship if you want to, Piccolo," Bulma said, smiling at him.

Piccolo was about to protest, but he gave in as he sighed deeply. "I hope that will work. But keep an eye on Gohan when we're leaving."

"And also make sure to take care of the spaceship when you went to the outer space, Piccolo," Bulma suggested.

He folded his arms together as he rolled his eyes, nodding to her in response.

"So, is everyone ready?" Goku asked, excitedly.

"I wanna go with you, guys," Gohan said, gathering up his courage.

"What?" Usagi said, confused.

"Why do you want to go with us?" Makoto asked.

"Because I'm tired of being scared and useless. I'm tired of running away like a coward. Now I wanna help you guys save the girls and defeat Frieza. I promise I'll be good." Gohan said.

"But, Gohan, it's too dangerous for you to face Frieza. If we risked having you around, you would get hurt." Goku said, worried.

"But I want to protect those I cared for, Dad. I can't stand around here and do nothing. Now it's my time to grow up and be a better man." Gohan said.

"Gohan, you..." Goku tried to scold him for being stubborn, but he gave in and gave him an encouraging smile. "Alright, Gohan, you're coming with us, but make sure to stay close to us. Piccolo will help you train."

Piccolo looked away and didn't say anything. He just sighed a bit. He began, "Perhaps, he'll be staying with me in the ship."

"Speaking of which, where is Krillin? He should be coming with us." Makoto said, confused about where he was at.

Suddenly, they heard a loud police siren from outside, which scared them, except Piccolo.

"What was that?" Goku said, coming to check out through the window.

Piccolo does the same as he realizes the government intervention has found them when they capture Krillin.

"Damn, they found us," Piccolo grunted, gritting his teeth sharply. "We need to get out of here now."