Chapter 4: Rescuing Gohan

"Daddy..." Gohan cried for his father as he hugged his stuffed bear close to him while lying in the bed beside the other kids. He missed his father so much. He wanted to stay with him just like the last year when he has been with him this whole time. He kept wishing one day he would see him again. One of the scientists convinced him his father would be fine, but it didn't seem like it was fine. They had been hurting him nonstop and he hated it. He wanted everything to end this.

Suddenly, he heard the door opened. He began to tremble in fear as he held his stuffed bear close to him, praying for them to leave him alone. Instead, he heard a familiar voice calling out to him. He sat up in surprise.

He welled up the tears in his eyes, seeing his father with Piccolo and the two girls. "D-Daddy?"

"I'm here, Gohan. I'm here for you now." Goku cooed as he came up to him and hugged him.

"Daddy, I missed you! I knew you would come for me!" Gohan cried out, burying his face into his chest.

"I know, buddy. I always said I would one day." Goku said, kissing him on the head.

Piccolo sighed at this, watching the father and son reunion moment. He looked down, having such thoughts about what he said in his mind.

Has my promise been fulfilled? Was it because of the miracle? After a year I promised Goku I would get us out of there, now it's happening. Now we need to train more immediately to beat down the Saiyans. And finally, I'll eventually get rid of Goku for good.

"Hey, um, Scott?" Then he heard a girl with a ponytail calling to him.

"It's Piccolo."

"Do you mind telling me what's in your mind? You seem stressed out lately." Makoto said.

He looked away, annoyed. "It's nothing. Let's just get out of here or else we'll get caught."

She nodded to him in response.

Usagi brought out the robe to help Gohan comfort them from distress. "Here you go. That way, you'll be safe with us."

"Thank you, miss," Gohan said, smiling at her.

"Call me Usagi, honey. Also, I'm glad to help your dad and your friend escape." Usagi said, smiling at him.

"You must be very kind to Gohan. You definitely remind me of the time when my wife used to care for him." Goku said, looking at her.

"Are you a widow?" Usagi asked with a curious look.

He shook his head. "We were divorced. She abandoned us after she found out who we were, so she called the government intervention on us."

"That's horrible! I'm so sorry to hear this, sir. I can't believe she would do this to you." Usagi said with a sad look as she covered her mouth.

"It's fine now. The past is now behind us. Chichi doesn't have anything to do with us now since me and Gohan were left alone." Goku said.

"I wish there was something I could do to help," Usagi said.

"You don't need to worry about it. Now you and Makoto helped us escape, we'll be happy to repay you." Goku said with a kind smile.

"That would be an honor, sir."

"Call me Goku."

She nodded. "Okay then, Goku."

"Come on, guys. Let's just get out of here." With that, Goku picked Gohan up as the others left left room immediately until unfortunately they were caught by the two guards.

"Hey! Those two girls were helping them escape!"

Usagi flinched. "Uh oh..."