Chapter 2: Torture

It has been a year since Goku, Piccolo, and Gohan were taken to the government intervention. It has been Hell for them. Goku and Piccolo went through the experiences while the other scientists cared for Gohan. They wouldn't hurt a child. Even a female scientist would care for Gohan. They lastly had been training in the cell for the Saiyans' arrival. Gohan doesn't train because the scientists still care and experience him.

Right now, Goku went back to his cell after the experiences he had. He collapsed, exhausted from being abused he was in. So was Piccolo who already went back to his cell.

However, one of them tried their hardest way to get them to answer their questions, especially their true identity. If they refuse the answer, they will get mistreated or hurt Gohan on the hard way. In order to protect Gohan, Goku answered their question about his true identity and backstory. He does not even recall what happened. As for Piccolo, he doesn't answer their questions. All he did was attack them to escape from the hellhole, but they had restricted him from escaping. They gave him the hardest way to torture him during the experiences. Goku stated he must answer their questions. If Piccolo doesn't reveal his true identity, they will hurt Gohan. So Piccolo gave in and told them his true identity to keep Gohan safe from getting hurt.

Now the two went back to their cells after the torture, and all they did was leaning the wall, talking to each other as they could hear their voices. Of course, it doesn't have soundproof, now Goku had a chance to check on

"Piccolo, can you hear me?" Goku called out through the white wall.

"I can hear you," Piccolo responded.

He sighed in relief. "Good."

"Goku... are you okay?" What kind of question is that? Since when does he care? He hated Goku for six years since he was defeated during the tournament. He attempted to kill Goku to avenge his father's death.

"I'm fine. It's just a sore from experiences." Goku said.

"So am I." He nodded.

"It has been a year now since we were locked in. I don't know when to get out." Goku whimpered.

"I'll try to find a way to escape, Goku, I promise." Why does he say that? He never understood why he cared for Goku. Caring for Goku was just pathetic to him. All he ever wanted was to get away, so he could get rid of the Saiyans for good and then Goku. Revenge was his goal.

Then he heard him sobbing. What is he crying now? Don't tell him he was crying about Chichi's betrayal, right?

"How could Chichi do this to us? I thought she loved me. I thought she would accept me who I truly am. But now we were taken to the hellhole place where we could never escape. She even abandoned Gohan." Goku sobbed, wrapping his arms around his legs and hugging it in comfort.

He must be losing it, Piccolo thought.

He sighed deeply as he began to answer, "She's an idiot, Goku. She never accepts you and Gohan as aliens. If she hadn't called the government intervention on us, none of this would have happened."

But now we're trapped here forever. We still need to continue to train or else the Saiyans will show up. She would have gotten used to it if she had accepted Goku and Gohan who they are. Piccolo thought, folding his arms together.

"Still... Chichi would have accepted us if she hadn't abandoned us. I wish none of this would have happened." Goku said.

He sighed in annoyance, trying his best to calm him down. "Listen to me, Goku. What Chichi did was unforgivable. She may be the pain in the ass as I recalled, but she has no right to betray you for abandoning you and Gohan for whatsoever money. You can't let yourself down for what she did to you. You have a son to think of, especially the situation you must train before the Saiyans come. Our time may run out, but we need to figure out how to escape from this place. We can't stay here forever. If we do, the Saiyans will kill us all."

"But how, Piccolo...? How...? How will we get out?" He sobbed again.

"Just let me figure out the plan," Piccolo protested. Then he sat down beside the wall, trying to figure out the escape plan.

He let out a sigh in frustration as he closed his eyes and gritted his teeth sharply. But I don't know what to do. I don't know how or when, but the promise I made was broken. How will we escape if we don't do something? Is there someone I mean anyone out there to save us?