Chapter 9: A Rescue Mission

After defeating Nappa and Vegeta, they headed back to the town where Gohan was waiting for them.

"Daddy!" Gohan cried out as he ran up to him and tackled him into a hug. "You're back!"

"Hey there, little buddy. I told you I would come back for you." Goku said, smiling at his son. Then they were surrounded by the people when the mayor approached them.

"Thank you for defending our town. In return, we shall offer you some food." The mayor said.

"Oh, wow! Really!?" Goku exclaimed happily.

"I would love that, but all of you don't have to do that," Sailor Moon said.

"Besides, we could fix the damage the Saiyans had caused," Sailor Jupiter said.

"Still, we want to thank you for everything," the mayor said.

Sailor Moon sighed in defeat. "I guess dinner first and then I'll use the Silver Crystal to fix the damage."

"Oh, boy! I'm so hungry! I haven't eaten the whole food for a while!" Goku exclaimed, walking up to them.

Piccolo rolled his eyes in annoyance as he folded his arms together. "I'm not interested in eating food. I'd rather go training for my meditation. It has been a while."

When Piccolo left, Sailor Jupiter was confused as to why he was being a jerk that way. She guessed he was ready to do training so he could supposedly get rid of Goku for good. But there are a few things they must do: rescuing Sailor Venus, Sailor Mars, and Sailor Mercury and defeating Lord Frieza.

***

When the next day comes, every dinner and rest they had, they were ready to leave the town and find a way to rescue the three Sailor Guardians. Piccolo wasn't with them when they figured he was still training in the process. Now they left the town, Goku began to talk to Usagi who was now in her base form.

"I hate to bother you, but is it true you're the princess?" Goku said with a curious look.

She nodded. "Yes. I am the princess of the Moon Kingdom and Silver Millennium. The kingdom was ruled by my mother Queen Serenity. For me, it was my duty to protect the Legendary Silver Crystal and Earth. So are the Sailor Guardians."

"Interesting," Goku said, holding Gohan in his sleeping form close to him gently.

"It was then Frieza and his goons showed up and destroyed the Moon Kingdom and then captured Sailor Venus, Sailor Mars, and Sailor Mercury. We are the only two left. Now we had to rescue them from Frieza Force. And the rest of the species from different planets. It was then we came to rescue you three from this imprisonment place. If we haven't saved you both, you three would be locked in there forever."

He shook his head. "You two wouldn't do that. You wouldn't leave us behind."

"That's what friendship is for sticking close together," Makoto said, smiling,

Goku smiled. "Then that is a good thing I made friends with the Sailor Guardians. I also want to help you both in return for saving your friends."

"You think you would help us?" Usagi asked.

He nodded. "Trust me. I helped everyone before. Now I'm helping you two to rescue your three friends in return."

Usagi smiled as she blushed softly. "I knew you would say that, Goku."

"Okay, now we need to go to the Capsule Corporation to find Bulma. I'm sure she'll help us build the ship. She is one of my good friends." Goku said.

"That sounds like a big plan, Goku," Makoto said, grinning.