Chapter 17: Training

"Very good, Sailor Moon. Keep going!" Goku shouted.

"Okay!" Usagi shouted back as they stood across from each other. A breeze blew their hair and leaves danced amongst them. Then Usagi and Goku headed straight towards each other and their fists clashed against each other. It was that way for about an hour until Goku was defeated when landed a few feet away from him.

"I win," Usagi said with a smirk. Goku sighed as she walked over and took his hand to help him stand up.

"Amazing job, Usagi. You still have to keep up with training." Goku said.

"Okay then, let's do it again," Usagi said.

"Okay," Goku said, nodded.

***

While this was going on, Piccolo was training with Makoto and Gohan somewhere in the empty field of the Moon. He suddenly threw a punch at Gohan in the face, defeating him. When Gohan landed on the ground, he was satisfied with how training was great.

"You okay?" Piccolo asked, walking up to him.

"I'm okay, Piccolo. I have to admit training is fun." Gohan said, smiling.

He smiled a bit. "I'm glad."

"Let's have a break since we've been training all day," Makoto suggested, offering them the two water bottles.

"Since it's nighttime, of course," Piccolo said, taking the water bottle from her. He took a long sip of the water bottle and sighed in relaxation.

"I'll do meditation after this," Piccolo suggested.

"I suppose this isn't a bad idea for you," Makoto said, sitting next to him in the boulder. Gohan sat next to them as well.

"You've been training very hard, Jupiter. I have to admit, you did great out there. Especially since you went out rescuing Krillin from the soldiers." Piccolo said. Then he looked at Gohan. "And you, Gohan, you did an amazing job learning."

"Thank you. I want to become strong to protect my friends and family." Gohan said with a smile.

"That's a good reason, Gohan. That is a good thing you must do." Makoto said with a smile.

"Hey, guys."

"Yeah?" Piccolo asked.

"Do you think that we'll be able to defeat Frieza?" Gohan asked. He was worried for his friends and family. He didn't want to lose his father Goku just when they were finally reunited. After all, they were the only family members he had left.

Somehow, Piccolo could tell that Gohan was worried about them going against Frieza and his goon. They are just as strong as demons as well, but there might be a chance of winning against them to rescue the captives.

"Well, if we were able to defeat the government intervention then I believe that we'll be able to defeat Frieza and the goons," Piccolo said, smiling softly.

"I know we will, Piccolo," Gohan replied, smiling once more. His words somehow calm his worried heart. Piccolo was right, there is a chance of victory.

***

"I win again, Goku," Usagi said. This was the third time she had beaten him. He sighed again in defeat once Usagi helped him again.

"I admit that you're very skilled with combat, Usagi," Goku chuckled.

"Thanks," Usagi said, smiling.

"Let's take a break, shall we?" Goku suggested.

"Great idea, Goku," Usagi replied.