Chapter 6: Getting To Know More

After they escaped, they headed into the woods. What Goku, Piccolo, and Gohan didn't know was that Usagi was going to set up a barrier around their camp making sure they don't come through the barrier, so she and Makoto weren't worried about that. They set up camp when they were finished. Usagi went down to the stream and caught some fish for dinner. When she came back, Goku had a small fire going. Lastly, she looked over and saw Gohan was asleep in the sleeping bag. She let out a smile, seeing how cute he was.

"How did you catch the fish without a gear?" Goku asked with a curious look.

"I have my ways, Goku. Let me clean them, and then I'll spit them over the fire." She quickly cleaned the fish as she seasoned them and split them over the fire to cook.

Goku sat there and watched in fascination. She reminded him of when he was a child when he used to cook a giant fish. He let out a smile.

"You know I would have just come to help to capture the fish. I know how to." Goku said, smiling.

"How, exactly?" Usagi asked with curiosity.

"Well, I went swimming and then caught a giant fish. I used to do that a lot when I feed the giant fish to my family for dinner." Goku said.

"I see."

"So, one question, Usagi. How do you know how to do that?" Goku asked, smiling,

"I did a lot of camping when I was a little girl. So I learned a lot from my dad. Usagi explained.

"Cool. Maybe I could teach you how to catch a giant fish one day. Trust me, it'll be fun." Goku said, letting out a smile.

Usagi smiled back. "I would love that."

He sat down by the fire beside Piccolo and Makoto as Usagi began to make tea for both of them. She handed him, Piccolo, and Makoto a cup of tea, and then they both sat there and waited for the fish to cook.

"I don't drink that crap," Piccolo said, putting the tea away.

"Then be my guest. It helps." Makoto said, taking his cup of tea away and putting it beside her.

Usagi took a sip of her drink and looked at the three, "So, now we have helped you escape, why don't we get to know each other since we're going to be traveling together."

"Alright, what would you like to know?" Goku asked.

"How you were married to your wife or stuff," Usagi said.

"Well... it was a long story. Chichi was my childhood friend when I promised I would marry. And then a  few years later, we reunited and got married." Goku explained.

Piccolo interrupted as he began to tell them, "The next thing you two should know is that Goku and I have been enemies for six years."

"Enemies? Why are you two enemies?" Makoto asked with a confused look.

"Because I wanted to have a rematch to have my revenge. However, my goal is to get rid of Goku and then I'll take over the world." Piccolo said.

"That sounds evil!" Usagi exclaimed.

"Yeah? Well, I'm the reincarnation of the Demon King Piccolo." Piccolo revealed.

Makoto gave him a look. "You don't look too evil to me. I could tell deep down you're not that kind of evil."

Piccolo scowled. "What are you saying, girl? I am evil!"

"Well, you're not. Even if you joined forces with Goku to escape from this wretched imprisonment place, I guess it is almost like you were friends with them. You're not that old Piccolo we knew." Makoto said.

Burst in anger, Piccolo stood up and glared at Makoto. He figured she didn't get scared that easily. "Just drop it, alright? I promised Father I would avenge his death to kill Goku and take over the world. I'm not a hero."

With that, Piccolo took off walking away.

Makoto sighed. "What a jerk."

"Don't worry, Mako. He isn't that bad at all. I could tell you were right. Piccolo may be the old Piccolo we knew, but he would slowly become a different person." Goku said, smiling.

Usagi looked at him. "Would you like to tell us more about you and your son?"

"Sure," Goku said as he continued, "The funny thing is you two should know our species. We are the Saiyans from outer space."

Usagi blinked. "You are?"

He nodded. "Yep. I was just an infant when I landed on Earth and I was found by my grandpa. If I recall correctly, I had bumped my head and become a better person. After a while, when me and Chichi were married, we ended up having a son together who is a half-Saiyan."

"I see," Makoto said.

"I'm glad you're not one of them," Usagi began.

"What do you mean?" Goku asked, confused.

"Those Saiyans had worked for our worst enemy Frieza," Usagi explained as she folded her arms together.

"Frieza?" Goku asked, confused.

She nodded. "He is a controlling and manipulative freak who took over the universe. However, he captured all Saiyans to make them their slaves. They even captured one of our friends from our planet Moon. They even took over the Moon Kingdom."

"That's horrible! That's what we're going to face those Saiyans. We had a few hours left until they arrived to get us." Goku said.

Makoto blinked. "What do you mean, Goku? Tell me you're kidding."

"I'm telling the truth. When I found out who I am after I met my older brother Raditz, he told us we had a year left until the Saiyans showed up to conquer Earth. We still have time to train."

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Usagi asked.

He smiled. "Sure. You two could give us help to stop them."

"Oh, trust us, Goku. We're way stronger than they think we are. We, Sailor Guardians stood, a chance to stop them." Makoto said, smirking.

"We know how to stop them," Usagi said.

"Great! And I thank you for agreeing to my help." Goku said happily.

"You're welcome. It looks like the fish is finished." Then Goku watched Usagi busy herself around the fire with the fish.

Usagi put the spitted fish on four plates and handed one to them. Goku smiled at her and accepted the plate. When she was done, she went to sit on the other side of the fire. She carefully started to eat her fish, blowing on it to cool it down. She doesn't bother to look up at Goku.

Goku sighed and began to blow on the fish as well to cool it down before he took a bite. He hummed at how flavorful the fish was.

"This is very delicious, Usagi."

"Thank you," Usagi said, smiling. After the dinner they had, they eventually went to their sleeping bags and went to sleep.

What they didn't notice was Piccolo meditating for training while hearing their conversation.

Helping them? No way. Those two girls wouldn't stand a chance if they were that weak. Piccolo thought as he thought it would be impossible for them to stop the Saiyans.