|13| I Remember That Night

*Warnings: Violence, Character Death, Language*

-PARADIS, TROST-

Everyone was left cleaning up the town, clearing the wounding and doing many other tasks. Y/n fulfilled Reiner's request and stuck around with the three Warriors as she was supposed to. She couldn't hang around Armin if she wanted to since he was busy trying to convince the entire Garrison Regiment with Mikasa that Eren was on their side.

Though, as the four of them wandered the streets doing odd jobs to help around, commotion erupted. Titan smoke was rising into the sky, and it was inside of the walls too. Reiner quickly shot up and followed it, Y/n, Bertholdt and Annie following. It was Eren. He had transformed to protect Armin and Mikasa.

A couple minutes later, Armin ran out of the smoke. "Eren is not a foe of humanity! We're willing to cooperate with military command and share everything we've learned about his abilities!"

"If you insist he's not an enemy of ours, then show me proof!" the captain shouted back.

"You don't need any proof! The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter what we perceive him to be! The reports say hundreds of soldiers saw him! And all of them say they saw him fighting other titans! And that means they saw him get swarmed by the titans as well! To put it blankly, the titans saw him just like they see human beings! As their prey! So it doesn't matter how else you might look at it, that is an irrefutable fact!"

"Prepare to attack! Don't let yourself be swayed by his lies!" the captain shouted to the soldiers surrounding them.

"I am a solider! And I have dedicated my heart to the restoration of humanity, Sir! Nothing can make me prouder! I'm dying for such a noble cause! If we were to use this titan ability and combine it with the manpower we have left, we can retake this city! For humanities glory! For what little time I have left to live! I will advocate his strategic value!"

The captain didn't listen, he was about to call them to shoot them down, until a hand stopped him. Commander Pyxis.

Thank God, I thought they were goners.

-

Later on, everyone gathered in one area. Y/n, Bertholdt and Jean were together, while Annie and Reiner were a little bit further away. They were awaiting orders for their next move. People were crying for their families, for their lives, for everything. Not everyone wanted to be there.

"Attention!" Pyxis yelled from the top of the wall. How the fuck is he so loud? "Take note, the blueprint to the Trost Recovery Operation is this: Our primary objective is to reseal the hole, and it will be done manually! As for how the task will be done, that's when Cadet Eren Jaeger comes in! This young man posses the ability to fabricate and control a titan body at will! Recall the massive boulder that lay near the gate, after assuming titan form, Cadet Jaeger will take the boulder, carry it and slap it on the hole! This is where you all come in! Your job is to defend him! Yes, defend a titan against his own kind!"

Commander Pyxis also stated at whoever wishes to leave, can. People left in the masses, Y/n stayed of course. She didn't have a place to go back to if she did leave. And so it began, the cadets heading to the wall, keeping watch over everything. But it didn't last long until a red smoke signal shot up. Turns out, Eren freaked out in his titan form and tried to kill Mikasa.

Y/n, Annie, Marco, Jean and Connie went down from the walls to get rid of some of those titans. A little whole passed until Y/n found Reiner and Bertholdt. "Hey guys," she said as she walked over to them. They were watching as Eren carried the boulder over to the large hole. Huh, he must've snapped out of it. They turned back to her and waved her over, though still continuing their conversation.