|14| The Female Titan

*Warnings: Violence, Language*

-PARADIS-

Late one night, the cadets stood in front of a large bonfire. You wouldn't think anything of it if you had seen them from a distance, but it wasn't firewood that was burning. It was their fallen friends. "Hey guys, question for ya," Jean said as he stood up from in front of the fire. "So, have you decided yet? Which regiment you're going to join. I've made my choice, it'll be rough, but damn it...I'm gonna join The Scouts!"

Seeing a guy like Jean who went from wanting a lavish life in the inner wall, to deciding to take the least lavish regiment of them all, was shocking. But Y/n knew why he did it. It was Marco. His death switched something in him, maybe Jean wanted revenge, or maybe Marco had said something to him. Y/n would probably never know, but she'd always wonder.

-The Next Day-

Y/n and Annie were hanging around with Armin, Sasha, Jean and Connie. Y/n took Reiner's word to heart, and said she'd stay around Annie as much as possible. But ever since then, Annie has been hanging around the others while she's around too. Annie did that so Y/n still got to be with the people she had grown to love. She was weird that way, she never tell Y/n she was doing it for that reason, she'd just say spy work if Y/n ever asked. But Annie wanted to see Y/n happy,

"Jean, are you actually gonna join The Scouts? Your gonna trade your 'lavish' life in the liner wall for more titan slaughter?" Y/n asked as Jean approached.

"Yep, that's right," Jean answered.

"Wait seriously? Aren't you terrified?" Sasha asked him again.

"Huh? Of course I'm scared, I'm not a dickhead," he replied.

"Then why are you-?" Connie asked.

"Because I am scared of the titans, and I wanna do something about it," Jean answered confidently. "But listen, I understand that joining The Scouts isn't for everybody. I wont guilt trip you, unlike a certain suicidal maniac."

"Eren..." Connie huffed, "I guess he's already been a Scout for a while, hasn't he."

"Cadets! Fall in! Time to head over to the platform! Time to make your choice!" One of the soldiers that were mingling around ushered them all over to the large stage like platform.

-

"Good Evening a am Erwin Smith," a large blonde man with even larger eyebrows began. "I am Commander of the Survey Corps, also known as The Scout Regiment. Today you will choose your regiment. Lets cut to the chase here, The Scouts need you, we need all the warm bodies we can get. After the recent titan attack, you now know the horrors of which they are capable. As well as the limits of your own skill. However, this battles aftermath leaves humanity with a knew chance for victory."

He continued going on about Eren Jaeger. Apparently, he can help them figure out the truth to their origin. Holy shit, maybe he is related to Zeke. That's the only possibility right? Apparently the cellar of his house has useful information about the titans origin. He also talked about the retaking of Wall Maria.

"Whoever still wishes to put their life on the line and join us, remain here, and first ask yourself: Can you give your heart? Can you give everything for humanity? That is all. Those wanting to join other regiments are dismissed."

Y/n looked to Annie who stood beside her. "I'll see you around, sister." Annie said as he gave her a nod and put her hand on her shoulder. Annie hated when Zeke would call her that, so it was funny she was saying it to Y/n now.

"Yeah, I'll see you later, sister," Y/n put her gloved hand on the side of her face briefly before she walked off. Y/n didn't need to tell Annie she was joining The Scouts, Annie already knew she would, long before they finished training.