|34| The Port

*Warnings: language, Violence*

-PARADIS-

"Connie wait!" Armin and Y/n shouted as they saw Connie and Falco in the distance.

"Get away from him Falco, he's going to feed you to the titan!" Gabi shouted to him. Falco panicked, thought Connie grabbed him and held his blade to Falco's throat.

"Stop! Don't come any closer! Nothing you say will convince me not to do this! You'll just try to say that this kids life is more important than my mothers! Which you're smarter than me so you're probably right, but I'm too much of an idiot to care!" Connie shouted at them.

"Falco, you have to use the power of The Jaw Titan!" Gabi shouted.

"The Jaw? But what about Mr Galliard?" Falco asked, obviously confused. As Connie took him up a wooden ladder that went up to beside the titans face, Armin flew up and perched above the titans mouth. Y/n assumed he was going to reason with him, but she started to think otherwise when she noticed Armin's gaze didn't leave the titans large open mouth.

"Armin...?! What are you doing!?" Y/n shouted as she rushed closer. Armin said something to Connie, glanced up at Y/n, then fell. "ARMIN!" Y/n screeched as she rushed over. Connie quickly dropped Falco, Gabi catching him as Connie snatched Armin before he could enter the titans mouth.

She was going to go over and talk to him about what had just happened, but Connie was already doing that and Falco definitely needed someone who wasn't Gabi to explain everything. After giving him the hard truth, which he didn't take without shedding a lot of tears, he picked himself up and accepted what had happened. At first, Gabi looked as though she could've taken Connie's head off, but Y/n explained to her why he had done it, and then she began to understand that it was irrational and desperate, but he's just a boy who wanted his mother back.

Connie suggested taking a detour before getting Reiner and meeting up with the other. "Are you sure this detour was a good idea?" Gabi asked him.

"Well, we had to eat eventually," Connie responded. They had gone to some sort of Jaegerist festival, though the only thing they cared about was the food. They all sat down at a large wooden table with pies and drinks. Y/n said next to Armin who was next to Connie, while Gabi and Falco said beside each other on the other side.

"So, you think its true Armin?" Connie asked.

"Yeah, if all titan hardening came undone then there's no reason it wouldn't include Annie's-" Armin began, though he was cut off by a familiar woman in a blue-ish purple hood coughing like she had stuffed her mouth with way to much food. They all turned to see a startled Annie, filling her face with pie.

"Oh my God! Annie!" Y/n shrieked as Annie hurried to swallow the large amount of pie in her mouth. Connie started laughing obnoxiously about how much pie she had in her mouth, but Y/n couldn't care less. "I can't believe you're- I never thought I'd see you again, well not without a giant layer of crystal."

"Yeah well, here I am...stuffing my face with pie..." she huffed.

"It's better than being in a crystal," Y/n chuckled.

"Yes, much better," Annie answered. Y/n held out her arms for a hug, which Annie gladly returned. After that, they headed for Shinganshina.

Once they arrived, they hide below them and raid their food and munition too keep them going. Pieck and General Magath were on their side now, helping out with the enemies above. Once everyone was collected from the Jaegerist and Reiner from a house Gabi had stashed him in, they rode off towards the ports.

They decided to camp out in the forest for the night, then resume their travel to the ports. Once they found a nice spot, Hange began getting some food ready. "Y/n," a deep voice said from behind her, a voice she knew all to well.