|27| Declaration of War

*Warnings: Violence, Death, Language*

-MARLEY, LIBERIO-

Y/n was woken by Melvin dragging her out of bed. "Y/n! The festival is today, everyone is waiting for us!" he shouted as he left her to get dressed. Y/n was thrilled for the festival, but she was also missing a big part of Eren's plan. The note he gave her said:

"The night of the festival will be messy. Get your loved ones out of the area once it begins, do not leave the square. Good luck Y/n, this night is the night everything changes, we will meet once its over."

It was vague, so she had no idea what was actually going to happen, she just hoped it wasn't anything bad. This is all happening so fast, it's overwhelming. I hope what Eren's planning isn't dangerous, as much as I hate the Marleyan people, it's not their fault they think the way they do, it's just how they were raised. It's not fair for me to hate them, even after everything they've done, right? I just cause problems with the people around me anyway, maybe running off is a good idea. But then wont I just cause problems for The Scouts, for Hange, Sasha, Armin, not to mention Mikasa, who according to Eren, is the only person who doesn't want me back.

Y/n left her room and found Melvin standing right outside the door. He grabbed her wrist with a smile and rushed outside. As soon as they left the house they could smell all the food and hear the music from a few blocks away. Y/n smiled knowing today was probably going to be the last day she was going to spend with everyone before everything changes.

They met up with the others, and began scoffing down as much of the food as possible. "I wish everyday was like this," Udo told her with a smile.

"Wouldn't that be something..." Y/n answered with a smile. "Hopefully someday we can live in a place that will be."

She put her arm over the boy's shoulder as they continued walking. They didn't say anything else to each other, but just like Falco, he wanted out of the Warrior Unit. He didn't like the idea of fighting for a country that mostly hates them, just to die in thirteen years. Y/n doesn't have a limit, but she knows she'll die of something terrible, everyone in her family always does. Her mother's insides were practically shredded apart while she was alive. God knows what will happen to her.

They spent every cent they had on them and ate their lives away until sunset. Once the sky was dark, they all made their way to the large stage that was set up for Willy Tybur's performance. Reiner and Falco had disappeared somewhere, but Y/n knew they were together so she wasn't worried. Y/n almost forgot the fact that the performance was practically a declaration of war towards the Eldian peoples.

Soon loud music began playing and Willy Tybur appeared on stage. He started going on about how Eldian's are brutal people who killed millions of people. Then he began talking about the Paradis operation and the fact that only two people turned means that the Paradis peoples were just as brutal and terrible as before. Though during the performance, Pieck, Zeke, Melvin and Porco got taken away by a guard, saying that they need them. Y/n was left alone with Colt, Udo, Zofia and Gabi.

He told the story of how The Great Titan War came to an end, by a Marleyan and a Tybur working together to drive King Fritz out. Suddenly, Willy Tybur's story changed, he stated that some hundred years ago, it was King Fritz who really saved everyone, not Helos. Though, King Fritz stated that if anyone tried to threaten his peace, he would unleash thousands of titans to battle, but he also made a vowed away war, so he never really intended on using it. This passed through his family with The Founding, the titan capable of using that power remained dormant.

Scattered murmuring filled the crowd as people began to question all that they were told. Wait- is that Eren's plan? Get The Founding, then use it's power to release all the titans? But he needs royal blood, and the only person who has royal blood that's anywhere near him is...me. Unless there's someone else I don't know about, but what are the chances?