FORTY-FOUR

AYSHAM’S POV:

I didn’t know what happened. Everything was going well. He didn’t even react to slave and master thing that much as if he wanted to ignore all the things and just have dinner with me in a good mood but I had to ruin that with the thing I didn’t even know.

When I walked out of the restaurant he was waiting outside and the moment I was about to ask what happened he grabbed my wrist and started guiding me towards the car without even glancing at me. He tried to save me from the crowd but his long strides were enough to make breathing shallow as he was walking but still, I had to run in order to not get dragged brutally along with him. There was a constant frown on his face bit with that at a that time his jaw was clenched too making me gulp in fear. I didn’t want the beast to come out from him as I wanted him to be normal with me.

The beast who used to come out was enough for me to maintain a decent distance from him whenever he used to come around me. The beast wasn’t him as it seemed like he was hard to control himself and his patience level was drowning and that beast was used to talk about Jameel. I seriously wanted Jameel to actually die and have some peace whenever he used to come between us.

I knew there wasn’t us but I had peace whenever I was with the civil Farzan. He more like looked mine and concerned of what I wanted….What did I just say?

Mine. My conscience had to answer that for me as a huge blush crept up my cheeks as I remembered that 6, 4 inches man with burning intensity in his eyes and I just called him as mine.

Let me correct that.

Of course, you would. My conscience rolled her eyes at me as I thought she wanted things to spice up always that’s why she didn’t want me to use my brain and listen to my hear whenever the things were about to go out of control especially with him because that conscience never bothered me whenever I was with my aunt and I had to decide something which was most probably what I was going to cook tonight. If the guests were arriving what I was going to serve them in order to not get yelled at after their departure?

Life wasn’t simple back then to because I didn’t have peace at that time. Life wasn’t simple right now too because for the first time I was yearning for peace and wanted to have it in my life with constant dreams I was having at night which I shouldn’t be having.

He would marry Areej and no matter how much they would stay separate from each other marriage was a bond that could make them close to each other.

Then why aren’t you close to him?

Because it was settled from the start that I was his slave and I was with him for the punishment for what my cousin had done. I wondered what my aunt and Beela were doing at that time. They must be happy for not dealing with my burden.

If you are his slave then what are you doing with the cake right now. My conscience rolled her eyes at me again as she was looking really done with me. I ignored her as I looked down at the cake which I made at home-mansion.

He hadn’t come home after that night and I wanted to know badly but I had done wrong. I didn’t want him to stay out of his own home just because of some words I had said.

I was thriving in life but I wanted to do it without anyone beside me getting upset with me. Everyone has to die one day as the life is too short. Why bother making enemies? Just live. Let others live and die without having any record of you hurting others.

I looked at Imran busy driving as I was sulking the whole day when Suzi sensed it and spoke. “You should go and meet him I the office?” She was looking concerned.