FIFTY-SIX

AYSHAM’S POV:

We were on the rooftop as the cold breeze was flowing and swaying my hairs along with it. I didn’t have any band to tie them up so I just kept removing them from face while we were waiting for our order to come when Muzamil bhai started again.

“I am so glad Areej isn’t here with us. It’s peaceful.” Areej who was sitting beside me also tired of her hairs and dubatta which she spread on her chest so that it could stick at one point but still it was gliding down her shoulders pissing her off and seeing her into her own dilemma Muzamil bhai started his teasing. We all straightened up as we were ready to have some drama to spend some time in order to wait for our order. After gardening we were also starving and seeing Zaroon and Muzamil bhai they were too because they basically came to mansion to have something ready to eat but to no gain.

“Do you want me to boil your tongue too in the hotpot?” Areej said in a sugar-coated voice as she fluttered her eyelashes at him while keeping her hairs away from her face.

“Do you want me to tie up your hair?” We were expecting some kind of teasing remark in order to score points in the argument but hearing that we judges didn’t know who to give the point.

Areej became baffled for a moment as she opened and closed her mouth like a fish but before she could say anything we were intervened by a familiar voice.

“Salam. Aysham Zubair.” I looked above to meet with the same guy I met outside his office yesterday.

“Salam…” I didn’t know how to address him as I stood up when he smiled saying. “You can Ahmad bhai.”

“Salam Ahmad bhai.” I completed my sentence as he glanced at the whole table when Zaroon and Muzamil bhai stood up practically dragging me away from him as Zaroon bhai stood in between us. I think Ahmad also saw that as he smiled and introduce him to them that he was CEO of some of the biggest IT companies in the world.

“So, our rival then.” Zaroon bhai smiled as it was more like a professional smile with icy cold expressions in his eyes as Muzamil bhai had s straight blank face with same coldness in his eyes.

“Why don’t…” I was asking him to join us too as the air suddenly became so tense but Areej made me sit back on my chair while pulling wrist.

“Don’t talk when they are in their professional mode. They are scariest in that form.” She whispered in my ear as I couldn’t be more agree with her. These, Muzamil and Zaroon bhai, were looking far more different than the ones sitting beside us just a few minutes ago.

“I am planning to change that.” Ahmad bhai said as he answered Zaroon bhai’s statement without any smile as I gulped sensing the tension in air. I was glad he wasn’t here because otherwise the situation could have gotten much worse just because of his one glare.

FARZAN’S POV:

“Staying close to them will make you more aware of the situations.” I gritted my teeth as I heard Areej’s father to rant about the snakes, he had in a glass cage in one side of his lounge. He was the narcist who was technically selling his daughter to me just for power as he had enough money but I was the one loaded with power. He was also one of the stupidest people I had ever met with as early in the morning which shouldn’t be early for me in normal days but nothing was going normal in my life these days and I was extremely busy this morning when I received his f**king call just to know he had arranged a board meeting.

The wedding was near as we both decided it should in the end of this month and keeping that in mind this old man had many evil things going on in his mind.