SEVENTY-FIVE

AYSHAM’S POV:

It was a storm. It was raining heavily in broad daylight giving the expression of evening in the noon. It wasn’t like a rain you call lovely as it was the one which brings destruction. Shaking my head at my own thoughts I thought about the positive thing and that was my wedding which was happening in a normal and more realistic way.

Taking in a shaky breath I went to stand in front of the mirror the final touch of my make-up was done and the make-up artists went away packing their stuff turning me into someone who was mesmerized by seeing herself in the mirror. Yes, I was really looking like a bride. Tears started filling in my eyes as no matter how much a girl negates her wedding deep down, she has a desired to be in a wedding dress. I never wanted a fancy wedding as I just wanted a good spouse but seeing myself right now in the mirror, I was feeling blessed to be here after all the pain I went through. I knew that life is never the same. There would be pain and joy side by side and I had to live like that with a positive mind if I wanted to be happy.

Deep thoughts were running in my mind when I glanced myself in the mirror in fresh red lehnga choli with work of golden embroidery on it. The dubatta was also beautiful which was pinned up on my head at that time. The jewelry wasn’t heavy as the dress already was. Everything was decided by Areej as her fashion sense was fancy rich. Everything was up to the mark and exquisite. The moment, I started thinking about her she entered through the door with a gasp.

“Hey you are crying?” She asked with her wide eyes as I smiled while shaking my head in no.

“No, I wasn’t.” I mumble.

“Well, you shouldn’t be because it’s not like you are going to leave everyone. You are just going to be closer to everyone and him especially after this.” She winked as she rubbed her thumb under my eye as I couldn’t help but hug her.

She was acting like she wasn’t the one who was going to marry him in the night in front of the whole world. She was enjoying my wedding at the time.

“Are you okay?” I asked and she knew what I was talking about.

“Yes. I am. It’s just a show and I have to just act and besides that I am going to come and live in this mansion. There would be anymore tolerating my father and his stupid rules. Now let’s go. Your Nikah is going to happen.” She said as she grabbed the maroon colord veil from the bed and hide my face with that in a way that people still could see me through the veil because it was see-through but it enhanced the beauty of the bride.

“Let’s go your groom will officially hold you now. Dadi had given him a very hard time already.” She said as I smiled at the part that my Nikah was going to happen again because it wasn’t done properly before.

With a shaky breath we moved towards the stairs as Areej hold my lehnga when Suzi also came to help me as the lounge was decorated in a beautiful hall with only family members and friends who were standing for me.

The moment I stepped on the last stair a hand appeared in front of me to hold and by seeing it I knew it belonged to Dad. I glanced up at him as he had a small smile on his face but it meant millions of emotions were going through him at that time. He loved his son as that was visible in his eyes and he loved me too because his son had the same feelings for me.

“I am glad you are by his side.” He whispered as soon as I grabbed his hand and we started walking towards the aisle when my eyes landed on him wearing a black sherwani. He was looking handsome as always but the thing that strike my nerves were his emotions. His emotions were blank and his eyes were stoned. Did something happen?