FORTY-SEVEN

AYSHAM’S POV:

“Wait.” I reached the lift as I pressed the button when I heard his voice behind me. He took time in recovering from the revelation that I just did on his mind which had all his own story roaming around in there.

I didn’t reply to him as the lift door opened and I entered inside and pushed the closing button but he also squeezed in with me but I didn’t care to glance at him as he looked overwhelmed but why I should care?

People who are angry doesn’t care what other people are suffering from right? Though the wave of anger passed as it came as a depolarizing wave and ended suddenly without any plateau. My anger was just of short interval but he didn’t deserve to know this. After all he had done with me using the name of Jameel he deserved to thrive for me a little. Not for me but for my forgiveness if he ever asked for it but that would a high demand since he had the name on top of the list of arrogant people. Rich people and that who are also handsome and attract women are always arrogant. I could be arrogant if I had men other than Safwan walking around me like women do around him. It’s just fate. I could be born rich and with green eyes too. Rich could be in my control if I preferred studying but green eyes wouldn’t be natural if I would use lens.

“Are you saying that you don’t have feelings for Jameel in any way?” He asked as I could say from his voice that he must be on cloud nine at that time but still his voice didn’t leave evenness and smoothness just because he lacked how to show his emotions but he couldn’t hide his shocked one when I revealed partly truth on him.

“Why do you care? You just have to bring him everywhere and ruin my mood.” I didn’t look at him and also sounded dramatic but I didn’t care at that time. Right now, I could see his condition and enjoy through my peripheral vision.

“F**k! I am sorry. I though you used to cheat your family in order to meet him at nights and f**k the whole image went wrong in…F**k…I am sorry.” He apologized and that could be the shocking news for me the hear but as long as peculiar words left his mouth the lift doors opened and I had to make my dramatic exit which I did very gracefully.

I exited the lift as he could grab my elbow and forced me to stay with him in the lift until we sort that out but he didn’t because we collided with a bunch of people as soon as the doors parted. They all got alarmed as fear also danced in their eyes when they came across the sight of him but he didn’t even bless them with any glance as I walked out and stormed towards the main gliding door to ask Imran bring the car and he also walked behind me.

The whole floor got silent for a minute when I was walking ahead and he was practically following me with gleamed expressions on his face although I thought I could read that only but his body language could be seen by anyone as small whispering in a chirping way started in the whole floor as everyone had me as a focus for their sockets.

“Baby, just stop. We should talk.” He rasped behind me but why would I listen to him. I was angry and people around me who were enjoying the show were making me nervous. I was glad I made it towards the door and found Imran standing outside talking with some other guards when I said. “Let’s go Imran bhai.” I said with a stern face as I waited for him to move but instead, he looked behind me at him and he didn’t move. I gasped as Imran bhai just lowered his gaze in order to not meet mine.

“You…”I looked behind at him who had a small smirk as if he had earned an achievement by taking Imran in ghis control. “Fine.” I said adamantly when I added. “I’ll go and walk myself towards home.” I said sharply and his smirk died down but I could see through the corner of my eyes how Imran suppressed his chuckle as if he was enjoying the show.

I stomped my feet and started walking down the stairs when he grabbed my elbow although there were people who were looking at us while walking around there.