FIFTY-NINE

AYSHAM’S POV:

The rest of the dinner went smoothly with a little chit chat and more teasing from Muzamil and Zaroon bhai for Farzan but he kept shutting them up with his glare and curt remarks making them shut up only for a few seconds and they carried on again.

“Nice meeting you all. And I am keeping this dress.” Areej said as she moved towards her car where her driver was already waiting for her. I smiled as she could keep my dress because it suited more on her than me.

“You should.” Muzamil bhai cohered looking at her from top to bottom and then moved towards his car. Zaroon bhai also departed as Suzi went with Imran which came with Farzan leaving me with him to come alone with him in the car. Suzi could come with us as we had the same destination but she winked at me and went to leave with Imran making me sigh in relief.

“Here your highness.” I turned around as he opened the car door for me making me mumble a small thank you. Before he could lean in to buckle my seatbelt, I did that before him giving him a challenging look as he just smirked at me and shaking his head closed the door to come towards his side. I kept thinking of something else in order stop his voice echoing in my mind. Wife-wife-wife…

“Do you want some ice-cream?” He asked as soon as we hit the main road.

“No.” I simply denied while glancing at his flexed biceps and his knuckles firmly gripping the steering wheel.

“Not a fan?” He asked with a frown on his face as if his research on which he had spent plenty of time went wrong by my simple no.

“I am not a big fan and I also have to pray for Isha. It’s getting late.” I said as he became silent for a while. I knew he didn’t have any importance for prayers but I am religious person and I didn’t care what other people think about me and my prayers. If people expect us to not judge them based on the vulgarity they spread through social media, then they also didn’t have the right to judge religious people. Everyone has their own religion and everyone should respect other’s religion because every religion brings peace. But if people start understanding this then the world would be the ideal place to live without any chaos. There wouldn’t be any oppressors and then there wouldn’t be any oppressed. Children would have a livelihood childhood and woman would be safe with their dignity and modesty.

“Why do you pray punctually? Does He listen to all your wishes?” He asked with discerned coated in his voice making me smile at his question while his eyes were fixed on the road.

“I don’t pray because of the wishes. He is your God not a Ginni who would fulfill all your wishes. He knows better when to make you, when to kill you, when to break your heart and when to give you what you are yearning for. I pray because I have to do. I have my peace in that. He made me, He gave me things which I should be grateful because many people didn’t have those. I pray because I believe in the life of hereafter and I have to prepare myself for that. I am not a perfect person but I still want to have some deeds which I can show at the end of my life that could save me from the humiliation in the end.” I said as there was a dead silence in the car.

“I believe in hereafter too. I believe in God too but I don’t think my single action would affect him or otherwise he wouldn’t have ruined me to make me like this.” He said after a long pause as I sighed. He was angry at something and that’s why he was talking like that.

“Aren’t you scared of Hereafter?” I knew he did. Everyone does but people just ignore that because they were too dwell in the pleasures of life.

“I am more than you because I don’t have any single deed to show Him at the end.” He simply agreed as I turned my neck to find him deep in the thoughts as his eyes were fixed on the road.