𝐈𝐗..𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐬

"ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀʟᴜᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ."
-ᴅʀ. ꜱᴇᴜꜱꜱ

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑p

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑
       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑p

As it turn out, Ares was a terrible travel agent.

Their grand ride west that he'd promised them was a hitchhike in the back of what Grover had called "the zoo-mobile," aka a dark and dingy trailer that housed a zebra, a lion, and an antelope.

The four kids were crowded in behind some mildewed sacks, trying to ignore both the undeniable stench and heat in the trailer. The poor caged-up animals in with them proved that their owners weren't anywhere near qualified. The zebra's mane was matted with chewing gum, and the antelope had a silvery balloon floating from one of its antlers. The two animals stared at the styrofoam tray of hamburger meat in front of them that was obviously supposed to be given to the lion. Said lion was pacing back and forth as flies swarmed around it, ignoring the sack of turnips thrown at its feet instead of its proper food.

Elara was next to the zebra, petting it. "You poor thing," she murmured, leaning against it and dozing off into a dream.

Grover glanced back at Elara and noticed she was asleep. "Ares wasn't telling the truth, not entirely anyway."

"How do you know?" Percy asked.

"Elara got it out of him," Grover replied, looking back at Elara and then towards Percy. "I think I know who stole the bolt."

"Who?" Percy asked.

"His favorite son," Grover said.

"Lysander," Annabeth said, looking at Elara. "It makes sense. He wasn't seen during the solstice," Annabeth thought to herself.

"We can't tell Luke," Annabeth said, her voice barely above a whisper.

Percy turned to her, confusion etched on his face. "Why not?"

"Luke wouldn't believe us anyway," she replied, shaking her head slowly, her eyes filled with frustration.

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑
       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑[ᴇ.ʜ]

I found myself seated in the throne room once more, with Morpheus standing before me.

He conjured a smaller throne beside his. "Do gods dream?" I asked, my voice barely steady.

"Yes, why?" Morpheus inquired, his gaze piercing. I pursed my lips, hesitating. "I was just wondering..."

"You want to talk to your mother," he stated, his voice softening.