𝐕..𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐚 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲'𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐝

"ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɢᴇᴅʏ. ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ɪᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ."
- ᴋᴜʀᴛ ᴄᴏʙᴀɪɴ.

" - ᴋᴜʀᴛ ᴄᴏʙᴀɪɴ

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑

       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑
[3ʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ]

"Let me check your head," Annabeth demanded, standing in front of Elara with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Elara obediently leaned down as Annabeth parted her hair to inspect the wound from hitting her head on the bus. A hiss escaped Elara's lips as Annabeth gently probed the area.

Sighing with irritation, Annabeth instructed, "Get back up. You'll be okay. I wish we had more ambrosia, but the piece I gave you will have to suffice. Let's keep moving."

They resumed their journey through the woods along the New Jersey river bank, uncertainty lingering in the air between them.

"Thank you," Elara murmured softly, absently rubbing the spot where the ring once sat. "For sharing your ambrosia, even if you're not fond of me."

"You killed a fury," Annabeth said, her tone implying that it spoke volumes. "You showed real guts and bravery facing one of the kindly ones all on your own," she remarked with a stoic expression.

"She's right," Grover chimed in, nodding in agreement. "It was a courageous act. If you hadn't defeated her, we might have ended up as their next meal," he added, shuddering at the thought.

"Let's pick up the pace, everyone. The farther we are from here, the better," Annabeth urged, quickening her stride as they continued their journey.

"Our money, our food, our clothes, everything is back there," Percy informed Annabeth with a hint of concern in his voice.

Elara let out a sigh at the realization. The absence of Lysander's ring weighed heavily on her. Tears welled up in her eyes as she thought about how he had entrusted her with it, only for her to lose it. Sniffling, she struggled with the guilt.

Annabeth's expression darkened. "If you hadn't rushed into the fight-"
"What, let you face danger alone?" Percy interjected, defending his actions.
"You didn't have to protect me, Percy. We could have handled it," Annabeth countered.

Elara wanted to argue but found herself silently shedding tears. "Sliced like bread," Grover remarked. "But we're okay."

"Shut up goat boy," Annabeth retorted sharply, shutting down the conversation.

Annabeth shot Elara a sharp look, her tone laced with irritation. "Why are you crying?" she inquired, clearly showing her disapproval of Elara's emotional display.

"My ring... it slipped away. It belonged to Lysander, and he trusted me with it. But now it's gone," Elara confessed, her voice tinged with defeat.

A small squeak echoed in the distance, causing Elara to jump in fear. "What was that?" she asked anxiously, seeking reassurance.