𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈..𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥

"ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴀʟʟ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ."
-ꜰʟᴏᴏʀ

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

𖥔 ݁ ˖ ⭑
‧₊˚ ⋅ જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

Over the next few days, camp life underwent significant changes. For instance, a new border control was established, and an increasing number of monsters began approaching the camp. Elara found herself spending most of her time with the Ares cabin on border patrol-a punishment decreed by Mr. D.

Additionally, a new activities director had arrived, and it was evident he did not favor Elara. She was standing with Clarisse, with whom she had grown close due to her friendship with Lysander, when metal bulls suddenly charged over the hill.

"Shit. Claire-" Elara shouted, her voice filled with urgency.

Clarisse immediately turned to where Elara was looking. "Border patrol, to me!" she commanded.

Chaos erupted as some of her cabin mates raced around in pain. The grass around Thalia's tree was burning in huge patches, and Elara knew the tree was dying much faster than anyone had anticipated.

A hero screamed in agony, running in frantic circles as his armor disintegrated. Elara's eyes darted to Clarisse, who had rushed to help. Her own armor was charred, and she was fighting fiercely with a broken spear shaft, the other end embedded uselessly in the metal joint of one bull's shoulder.

The scene was one of utter pandemonium, and Elara knew they had to act swiftly to protect the camp and its rapidly deteriorating defenses.

Elara raised her hand, intending to trap the bulls, but instead, skeletons adorned with flowers emerged from the ground.

"What the fuck?!" she exclaimed, startled. The skeletons seemed almost offended by her reaction.

"Oh-uh, sorry. Kill the bulls," she commanded. The skeletons obeyed and sprinted off in the same direction as Clarisse and... Percy?

Elara quickly drew her sword. "Percy?" she shouted, beginning to run up the hill. He was only halfway up-not close enough to help.

The bull moved with deadly speed for something so massive. Its metal hide gleamed under the sun, with fist-sized rubies for eyes and polished silver horns.

When it opened its hinged mouth, a column of white-hot flame blasted out. "Hold the line!" Clarisse commanded her warriors.

As Elara reached the top of the hill, she saw Annabeth taunting one of the bulls. "This has to be a dream..." she whispered in disbelief.

Many of her skeletons were assisting Annabeth, their flower-covered forms contrasting sharply with the chaos around them.

Unfortunately, at that moment, the other bull lost interest in finding Annabeth. It turned, wheeling around behind Clarisse on her unprotected side.