𝐕𝐈𝐈..𝐈'𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝

"ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴠᴇꜱ. ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʟᴇᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ"
- ʟ.ᴇ. ʙᴏᴡᴍᴀɴ

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑

       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

Falling 200 meters to your death was not as exciting as it sounded. It was like skydiving, but a lot more dangerous, no safety net, just the certainty of impending doom.

Elara felt her hair whipping across her face, obstructing her vision as she hurtled faster and faster towards the Mississippi River. Gasping for air, struggling to keep her eyes open, her limbs flailed like a marionette, lacking any semblance of control as she tumbled through the air like a discarded puppet.

The realization of her impending demise weighed heavily on Elara. She braced herself for the inevitable, resigned to her fate. With her eyes shut tight, ready to meet her end, a thunderous voice shattered her thoughts.

"ELARA!" The urgent call pierced through the chaos, prompting her eyes to snap open. Hovering just above her, a mere few feet away, was none other than Percy Jackson. His outstretched hand beckoned to her, his verdant gaze mirroring the determination she had sketched on a napkin earlier. "Give me your hand!"

Gritting her teeth, Elara extended her trembling hand towards Percy's. Their fingertips brushed in a fleeting connection.

"Come on." Straining with all her might, their hands finally clasped, and Percy swiftly pulled her close to his chest. "Hold on to me!" he shouted, as Elara clung to him tightly, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and legs around his waist like a lifeline. Percy's embrace was secure, offering a sense of fleeting safety in the chaos.

As they plummeted towards the water, Elara's heart raced with fear. "What's your plan?" she cried out, her voice filled with trepidation.

"I don't have one!" Percy's response was drowned out by the impending impact. Elara's eyes widened in panic as Percy deftly positioned them so his back faced the water.

With a deafening splash, their bodies collided with the river, plunging into the depths with a resounding crash.

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑

       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

As Elara's eyes fluttered open, the murky depths of the river surrounded her, pulling her further into its watery embrace.

Struggling in the unfamiliar environment, she felt a sense of panic creeping in. The separation from Percy added to her distress, leaving her alone in the darkening waters.