𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰...𝑵𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑯𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒔

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

𖥔 ݁ ˖ ⭑
‧₊˚ ⋅ જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

ᴊᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ ²⁶ʜ, ²⁰⁰¹

I stood at the long dining table in the pavilion, my eyes wide with horror as I stared at the plate of meat in front of me. Earlier that day, I had lost my beloved bunny, Thumper, and had found the harpies doing horrible things to him. The sight had shattered my heart, and now, the thought of eating any kind of meat made my stomach churn.

This isn't right, I thought, clenching my fists. Thumper didn't deserve that. No animal does.

Determined, I stood up and grabbed my plate. Without a second thought, I marched over to the fire pit and threw my food into the flames. "Zeus, Hera, Poseidon!" I shouted, tears streaming down my face. The other campers looked up from their meals, startled by the sudden outburst.

"What are you doing, Elara?" Luke asked, but I ignored him. I moved from table to table, snatching plates and tossing them into the fire, calling out random Greek gods and goddesses' names with each throw. "Athena, Apollo, Artemis!"

Lysander, my mentor and the closest thing I had to a brother, rushed over to me. "Elara, stop! We still need to eat!" he pleaded, trying to grab my arm, but I pulled away.

No! They don't get it! It's wrong! We're eating animals! I thought, my heart pounding.

I reached Mr. D's table and, with a determined look, took his plate too. Mr. D, who had been lounging lazily, looked up with mild interest.

"Well, this is new," he said, raising an eyebrow. "Usually, the kids wait until after dinner to cause chaos."

I threw Mr. D's plate into the fire, and the campers erupted into angry shouts and protests.

"Do you know what you're eating? Animals! Innocent animals!" I yelled, my voice rising above the din.

The chaos continued until Chiron stepped in, his presence commanding immediate attention. "Everyone, calm down," he said in a firm but gentle tone. The campers quieted, though they still glared at me.

Chiron knelt down beside me, his eyes kind. "Elara, I understand you're upset, but we need to find a way to address this without causing more trouble. Can you tell me what happened?"

I sniffled and nodded, explaining about Thumper and the harpies. Chiron listened patiently, then turned to the other campers.

"Elara has a point. We should be more mindful of where our food comes from. But we also need to find a balance. Let's work together to find a solution that respects Elara's feelings and ensures everyone is fed."

I glanced over at Chiron's plate and then back at him, my eyes wide with a mix of anger and sadness. "But you're eating meat too, Chiron! You're a-a cannibal!" I accused, my voice trembling.