𝑿𝑳𝑰𝑽...𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒊𝒐𝒏

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑
       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

I stood by the edge of the strawberry fields, my heart pounding in my chest. The camp was unusually quiet, the aftermath of recent events hanging heavily in the air. I took a deep breath, summoning all the courage I could muster, and walked towards Percy, who was sitting alone by the Poseidon cabin, staring at the lake.

"Percy," I called softly, my voice trembling slightly. He turned to face me, his sea-green eyes filled with a mixture of curiosity and concern.

"Hey, princess. What's up?" he asked, standing up to meet me.

"Confess your love to Percy Jackson. Only then will you understand the true nature of your curse."

I took another deep breath, trying to steady my racing heart. "I-I need to tell you something. It's... it's important."

Percy nodded, waiting patiently. I felt a lump form in my throat, but I pushed through it. "Perc, we've been friends for a long time. You've always been there for me, and I... I think I've fallen in love with you."

For a moment, there was silence. Percy's expression shifted from surprise to something more guarded. He looked away, his jaw tightening, there was a unnoticeable pink overlay on his eyes. "Elara, I... I didn't know you felt that way."

My heart sank. I could sense what was coming next, but I had to hear it. "Percy, please. Just tell me."

Percy sighed, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "Elara, you're an amazing person. But... I like Annabeth. She's the one I have feelings for."

The words hit me like a punch to the gut. I felt my world crumbling around me. "I see," I whispered, my voice barely audible.

Percy reached out, but I stepped back, shaking my head. "No, it's okay. I understand."

I turned away, the weight of unspoken words and shattered hopes pressing down on me. The strawberry fields, once a place of solace, now felt like a graveyard of dreams.

I turned and walked away, my vision blurred by unshed tears. As I made my way to the woods, my mind was a whirlwind of emotions. Aphrodite's curse was true. I was destined to be alone. Every step felt heavier than the last, the weight of my brother's death and Nico's disappearance pressing down on me.

Inside my cabin, I sank onto my bed burying my face in my hands. My heart ached with a pain I had never known before. I had lost so much, and now, I had lost Percy too.

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

The sun was setting, casting a golden hue over Camp Half-Blood as Elara strolled through the woods, seeking solace from her thoughts. The chirping of birds and the rustling of leaves created a symphony that usually brought her peace, but tonight, her mind was restless. She needed space, a moment to breathe and collect herself.