𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈..𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞

"ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀꜱ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀꜰᴜʟ ᴀꜱ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ'ꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀꜱ ʜᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ ᴀꜱ ᴀ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ'ꜱ ꜱᴏᴜʟ."
-ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑
       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

In a flash, they were gone. Elara's heart dropped.

"Find them," Hades barked at his soldiers. "Bring them back alive or dead. I don't care."

The skeletal soldiers hurried away.

"How idiotic can you be," Hades snarled.

Elara's eyes flashed with defiance. "Idiotic? Maybe you should look in a mirror, Hades."

Hades' eyes narrowed. "Watch your tongue, girl."

"Why? Afraid of a little truth?" Elara shot back. "You think sending your minions after them will solve anything? Typical."

"Do you have any idea who you're talking to?" Hades' voice was a low growl.

"Yeah, I do. The god who thinks brute force can fix everything," Elara retorted. "News flash: it can't."

Hades' face twisted in fury. "You dare—"

"I dare because someone has to," Elara interrupted. "Maybe if you listened for once instead of barking orders, you'd actually get somewhere."

Hades' anger was palpable, but Elara stood her ground, unwavering.

"Maybe you should send a whole bunch of monsters for them and kill their parents too and then take their memories," Elara said, her eyes starting to water.

Hades sighed, not knowing what to do.

"I've done nothing to you and you killed my father!"

"Your father deserved to die!" Hades yelled.

Heels clicked on the floor. "That's enough," a strong female voice said.

A tall, slim figure in a black pantsuit appeared. She had short black hair and walked like she owned the place.

"And where were you?" Hades yelled, his voice echoing through the cavernous hall. The woman who appeared glared at him with a fierce intensity.

"I'm a busy woman, Hades. And I don't answer to you," Hecate snapped, her tone icy and unyielding.

"While you are in the Underworld, you answer to me!" He bellowed, his rage palpable.

"I answer to no one, Hades. You should know that by now," Hecate said, her voice dripping with boredom and disdain.

Elara, who had been gaping at the goddess with her mouth open, finally found her voice. "Y-you're Hecate?" she stammered, awe and curiosity mingling in her tone.