𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑽...𝑨𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝒊𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝑯𝒐𝒕

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

𖥔 ݁ ˖ ⭑
‧₊˚ ⋅ જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴍʙʀ ²⁶ʜ, ²⁰⁰⁰

I couldn't stop thinking about who my godly parent might be. My heart was set on Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty. I was convinced that I had to be a daughter of Aphrodite.

I found myself sitting by the campfire next to Lysander. I felt comfortable around him.

"Lysander," I began, my voice filled with excitement, "do you think I might be a daughter of Aphrodite?"

Lysander looked at me thoughtfully, a small smile playing on his lips. "Well, Lara, you certainly have the looks," he said, ruffling my hair affectionately.

I beamed at his words, my confidence soaring. I decided to take the next step and find out how to be claimed by Aphrodite. I made my way to the Aphrodite cabin, my heart pounding with anticipation.

As I approached the cabin, I saw a group of older kids lounging around, laughing and chatting. Gathering my courage, I walked up to them.

"Excuse me," I said, my voice trembling slightly, "can you tell me how to get claimed by Aphrodite?"

The older kids exchanged amused glances, and then one of them, a girl with perfectly styled hair, let out a laugh. "You think you're a daughter of Aphrodite?" she said, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

My cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "Well, I thought maybe..."

Another girl chimed in, "Sorry, sweetie, but you're definitely not a daughter of Aphrodite."

My heart sank, and I felt tears prick at the corners of my eyes. I turned and ran away from the cabin, feeling humiliated and crushed. I found a quiet spot by the lake and sat down, hugging my knees to my chest.

A few minutes later, Lysander found me. He sat down beside me and didn't say a word. He just stayed there, a comforting presence in my moment of despair.

As I sat by the lake, feeling the weight of my disappointment, Lysander's comforting presence started to ease my mind. After a few moments, he spoke gently, "You know, sometimes things don't go the way we expect. But that doesn't mean you're not special or that you don't belong here. Maybe Aphrodite isn't your godly parent, but there's something unique about you, and you'll find your place."

His words gave me a bit of hope. I took a deep breath and decided that I wouldn't give up just yet. There were many gods and goddesses, and my journey to find my true parent had just begun.

ʀꜱᴇɴ

Elara could sense that dawn was approaching, but without her power, she might have been completely deceived.