𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑿...𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈...𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒂𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝑰 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒚

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ"
-ᴄꜱ ʟᴇᴡɪꜱ

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ"-ᴄꜱ ʟᴇᴡɪꜱ

𖥔 ݁ ˖ ⭑
‧₊˚ ⋅ જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

"You'd think he'd run out of rocks," Percy muttered.

Annabeth hummed in agreement.

"Swim for it!" Grover shouted.

He and Clarisse plunged into the surf. Elara clung to Clarisse's neck, trying to paddle with one hand, the wet Fleece weighing her down. But the monster's attention wasn't on the Fleece.

"You, young Cyclops!" Polyphemus roared. "Traitor to your kind!"

Tyson froze.

"Don't listen to him!" Percy pleaded. "Come on."

He pulled Tyson's arm, but it was like trying to move a mountain.

Tyson turned to face the older Cyclops. "I am not a traitor."

"You serve mortals!" Polyphemus shouted. "Thieving humans!"

Polyphemus hurled his first boulder. Tyson swatted it aside with his fist.

"Not a traitor," Tyson said. "And you are not my kind."

"Death or victory!" Polyphemus charged into the surf, but his wounded foot made him stumble and fall on his face. It would've been funny if he hadn't started to get up again, spitting salt water and growling.

"Percy! Annabeth!" Clarisse yelled. "Come on!"

They were almost to the ship with the Fleece. If they could just keep the monster distracted a little longer...

"Go," Tyson told them. "I will hold Big Ugly."

"No! He'll kill you," Percy said worriedly. "We'll fight him together."

"Together," Tyson agreed.

Elara was clinging to Clarisse's neck when she caught a whiff of leather and burning metal that made her nose bleed. She and Clarisse exchanged a knowing look-they both knew who it was.

Ares.

Elara tapped Clarisse's shoulder. "I'm fine now."

Whatever Ares did helped.

Clarisse nodded and let Elara swim, then started yelling at the Cyclops.

Elara was just about to yell at her to stop, but Polyphemus threw another boulder. Elara watched helplessly as it sailed over her head and crashed through the hull of the Queen Anne's Revenge.

You wouldn't believe how fast a ship can sink. The Queen Anne's Revenge creaked and groaned, listing forward like it was going down a playground slide. Percy cursed, willing the sea to push them faster, but the ship's masts were already going under.