𝐈𝐕..𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

"ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴘꜱ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ."
- ɢᴀɴᴅᴀʟꜰ

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑

𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑

       ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

Chiron hurried Percy into the big house, and I quietly trailed behind, blending into the shadows.

Inside, they were engaged in a heated argument. Percy seemed reluctant to go on the quest, but then Grover mentioned something about his mother, and that seemed to change everything. Percy made up his mind and chose Grover and Annabeth as his companions. I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy.

Going on a quest had always been my dream. I've read countless books about heroes going on epic quests, especially the ones with a touch of romance. I was obsessed with the idea of love intertwined with adventure.

Feeling a mix of emotions, I returned to my cabin, the Demeter cabin. I packed my bag with all the essentials I would need for the next few days: drachmas, extra clothes, my necklace that could transform into a sword, and a few dollar bills. I had never ventured outside of camp before. Even when I lived with my father, my memories were vague, but I do recall a cabin nestled in the woods, and he would make monthly trips to town for supplies.

I carefully pushed open the window of the Demeter cabin, the cool night air rushing in. Glancing around to make sure the harpies weren't lurking nearby, I hoisted myself up and climbed out, my heart pounding with nervous excitement. The harpies had never bothered me before, and I was counting on that streak of luck to continue as I made my escape.

I knew exactly where Percy and the others would be heading first - Thalia's tree, where Argus would be waiting to drive them off on their quest. Slipping through the dark forest, I scanned the shadows, searching for the SUV. There - a flash of movement up ahead. I crept closer, then froze as a familiar figure stepped into the moonlight.

"And just where do you think you're going, petal?" Lysanders voice was low and stern, his brow furrowed as he regarded me.

"S-Sandy?" I stammered, caught off guard. "What are you doing out here so late?"

He held up a hand, silencing me. "I asked first. Where are you sneaking off to?"

I hesitated, then decided to lying to my best friend and brother figure. "I'm...going to the strawberry fields?"

Sandy looked at me with an unimpressed frown. "In the middle of the night? You're a terrible liar, you know that." His eyes swept over me, taking in my backpack and determined expression.

"You're sneaking onto the quest," he realized, and I groaned.

"Please, Sandy, don't lecture me now. I just...I've never been outside the camp before, and I want to see what the world is like. I need to do this." I pouted, hoping he'd understand.