14: moves

"Why didn't you tell me you knew, Divine?" I asked Omar as we sat in the middle of Starbucks. My mind went back to when Divine seen that I was texting him and how he reacted. I didn't want to assume, but it seemed like he was a little jealous, and I'm unsure of where that comes from.

Earlier today, he asked me to grab coffee in between our classes. So far, I really enjoy his conversation. Although, we don't speak everyday the times we do catch up always bring a smile on my face. With his cute flirtatious comments, and corny jokes I seem to be blushing a lot these days.

He shrugged, "I didn't think it was important, he told me you guys share an aunt?" He responded taking a sip of his mocha frappuccino.

"Yes, she's my mom's older sister. And I think to him she's a long-time family friend." I corrected him.

He nodded, "Yeah, I've known Goldie for a long time as well, from growing up with Divine and P."

"What was P like?" I asked, Omar.

I know this is a question I should be asking Divine, since I'm sure he knows P best, but out of curiosity I always wanted to know from hearing his name a lot. I didn't want to trigger, Divine so I never asked.

Omar took a breath before speaking, "P was... just an all around stand up dude, he always made sure the people in his circle was taken care of, truly selfless."

Omar smiled a little, "He was the funniest nigga I ever met, just goofy." He said with a little laugh. "He stayed playing the most annoying pranks on people, used to piss me off so bad.''

"He was always the class clown, getting into trouble." I giggled at the idea. The look of reminiscing on his face made me smile, he looked happy to be able to talk about him in a positive light.

"and very smart. Book wise, and street wise not a lot of people know that about him. He knew numbers better than anybody I knew. He was special. A little stubborn, but special."

"He sounds great. I'm sorry you lost someone so close to you."

Omar took a deep breath, "Yeah, I'm sorry too. Losing him changed everything, especially my relationship with D.. seems like we not as close as we used to be since he passed." he admitted.

I'm sure a lot of people can say the same thing about Divine.

I nodded, "Yeah, I can see that."

"Well, enough about that." Omar said lighting the mood. "When can I take you out on a real date?" Omar reached over the table and grabbed my hand.

I shyly smirked, and shrugged. "You tell me."

I liked Omar, he was cute and seems really interested in me. But I cant help but to feel like something is missing, like everything isn't connected between us, yet. I find us sometimes having moments of awkwardness, when his jokes don't always land or when we cant find anything to say.

Hopefully more time spent will fill in that gap.

Omar folded his toned arms allowing his tattoos to showcase themselves.

I eyed the cursive writing, and different drawings but the one on his forearm stood out boldly and written in beautiful calligraphy "Prodigy" caught my attention. Making me wonder if Divine had any tattoos in honor of his brother.

"I'll plan something special, and I'll hit you with the details."

I nodded with a smile "Looking forward to it."

We chatted about various topics for about 30 more minutes before we departed, we ended our outing  with a hug and I was headed back to campus for class.