20. true colors

Time

I watched as Divine shut the door once we got back in the car from Francesca's house. He sighed still looking at her house, "I can't believe my brother has a daughter."

"This was good news, right?" I asked nudging his shoulder.

He nodded, "Yeah, it was. My mama will be so happy once she finds out. I just want to check in with Francesca first to see if I can bring Presley to see her when I tell her."

I nodded, "Yes, I'm sure she will be overjoyed."

"This is crazy, I just really wish my brother was here to see his child. He would've been a great father,"

Divine looked over at me, glaring into my eyes. He slightly smirked as he grabbed my hand. "Thank you for coming with me, for real. I appreciate you, Time."

I nodded, the way he was looking at me made me a little uneasy, but in the best way. Every time I looked into his eyes, I could see how genuine he was. Whether it was good or bad he always showed me the real him, and I am so intrigued by how he naturally is. Even if it can be difficult at times. I appreciated his authenticity.

"You're welcome," I responded.

"And I'm sorry for earlier, I don't want you to think I only confessed my feelings for you because you were with Omar. I know it looks like I was being territorial, I was just being real.. I'm mad that I let you slip out of my fingers to my best friend. That shit ain't a easy pill to swallow." He let me know.

"I know it's my fault, you never deserved to feel like somebody ain't sure about you. I'm glad you found someone."

I contemplated telling him the news of me and Omar ending things, but I decided to. He's being real with me so it's only right I tell him my truth as well.

"Me and Omar stopped dating."

His bushy but slightly arched eyebrows raised as he tucked his bottom lip into his mouth, "When?"

"A few days ago." I let him know.

"Why?" He asked, I shrugged,

"Things weren't moving as fast as he wanted them to. And also, I told him about our kiss." I

Divine closed his eyes in defeat, he sat back in his seat and chuckled to himself, "That sensitive ass nigga is going to chew me out." He stated.

"I know it puts you in a weird position, with your friend. This whole thing is messy and I'm part to blame." I commented lowering my head and playing with my nails.

"No, you're not. I knew yall was talking when I kissed you. I'm the one who owes him loyalty as his brother." He sat up and held my hand as he looked me back into my face, "I was just tried of acting like I wasn't feeling you."

I nodded, "I understand."  I looked back up at him as he looked me up and down batting those long eyelashes. He reached over to my side of the car to cup my cheek with his big warm hand, I closed my eyes. His touch was soothing and a feeling I missed since the first time he kissed me.

I felt his breath closer to my face before I opened my eyes again, I looked down as he licked his full lips and watched them move as he spoke. "Can I start over?"

His baritone was one of my favorite things about him, his ability to sound sweet but assertive at the same time turned me on.  I nodded in response.

He brushed his lips against mine before I reached both arms around his neck, allowing him to come closer. I wanted him as close as he possibly could be. He held my waist as he planted his wet lips onto mine, I inhaled a breath of relief as I kissed him back.