22. tying loose ends

Time

Day 2

The light from the Miami sun, shun bright into the suite's bedroom. I smirked when I opened my tired eyes to the scenery of the beach. I held on to the white sheet that covered my nude body as I rolled over to a note that lay where Divine was sleeping.

Will be back, soon. Got breakfast for you.

I smiled at his chicken scratch handwriting. My mind went back to last night, as shivers shot up my spine. I was still registering the fact that we had sex. Mind-blowing sex at that.

The attraction I have for Divine was too much to contain. I am usually never that forward. What came over me last night, was something only Divine can motivate.

He made my body feel things that I had never experienced, everything was so careful. and passionate but demanding at the same time. Now, I know what sex really is. He takes care of me in ways I can't even explain. After daydreaming about how he is in bed, I finally experienced it and it was better than I've imagined.

I'm afraid that the infatuation I feel for Divine will take me to dangerous places, but at the same time, I'm down for the ride. To the naked eye, Divine is the guy I should run away from.

Crazy ex-girlfriends, commitment issues, trauma, and a drug dealer. Why would a good girl like me expect anything serious from a guy like him? I kept trying to tell myself, that he wasn't the right choice.

But being with him feels like the only thing that makes sense, when we were ignoring our feelings for each other that was the only time when it didn't feel right. I would be kicking myself for life if I didn't at least see where we could go.

Even if it feels like I'm playing the Russian roulette with my heart.

I slipped from under the soft white sheets and went into the living area to find my pajamas. I spotted a silver platter with a lid on the table along with a fresh fruit arrangement. Underneath the lid were Belgian waffles decorated with powdered sugar and blueberries, Applewood bacon. scrambled cheese eggs, and orange juice on the side. I put together a plate and decided to eat it out on the balcony to enjoy the view.

After eating, showering, and catching up on homework. Divine finally arrived at the room my stomach burned at the sound of the door closing. This was my first time seeing him since we both passed out after about three rounds of sex last night and for some reason, I was nervous to face him.

I closed my laptop when he came in his large smile, sent butterflies to my stomach. "Hey, what you been doing?" He asked sitting next to me on the sofa.

He grabbed my legs sat them on his lap and took off his cap. His dark wavy hair was cut low and sharp. I watched him as he licked his lips and gave me all of his attention. "Homework, mostly. How was your meeting?" I asked, assuming that's where he was.

He shrugged, "Fine, got shit back rolling." He responded, shortly. I nodded.

"That's cool." There was a quick silence between us as I cleared my throat.

I played with my fingernails as he rubbed my legs, "So, you gone start being awkward now since we had sex?"

My mouth dropped as I gasped, "I'm not being awkward!"

He chuckled, "You are."

I shrugged, "It's just different now." I admitted, "I'm usually not a person to let my emotions get the best of me, I mean.. me and you having sex wasn't the most logical thing to do." I told him.

His bushy eyebrows furrowed.

"N-no. Not like that." I defended. "I just mean it was early. Like, what does that mean now, for us? We barely started dating. I don't want to overplay my part."