『𝟐𝟕, 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟』

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

‿︵˓ ʚ♡ɞ ˓ ︵ ͜

ㅤ ‎‧₊˚ ౨ৎ "Wrote this listening to Down in the Adan - live at Milton Court, London, 2022 suggest you read it doing the same" ᐟ ⟢ ۫

ㅤ︶ ͡ ۫ ˓ ʚ♡ɞ ˒ ۫ ͡ ︶

The somber echoes of their footsteps resonated through the long, austere hallways of the family home as {NAME} and her grandfather walked side by side, draped in the traditional black mofuku kimonos

The weight of their attire mirrored the heaviness in the air, a tangible representation of the mourning that had enveloped the family since the swift and devastating losses. The cremation ceremony had begun just earlier, leaving both the physical and emotional atmosphere charged with grief.

It had been only two nights since {NAME}'s mother, father, and grandmother had died, the news of their passing ripping through her life with ruthless suddenness. The wake had been arranged with equal haste, and {NAME}, still reeling from the shock, had found herself at the clan temple, thrust into rituals that seemed to demand her composure and resilience.

As they walked away from the ceremony site to return later for the completion of the cremation, tears streamed silently down {NAME}'s cheeks. Her face was stoic, betraying no emotion beyond the quiet tears that marked her grief. Her grandfather, a pillar of stoic endurance beside her, moved with deliberate steps, his expression unreadable.

The silence between them was broken only by a single, choked sob that escaped {NAME} as they neared his office. The sound, soft as it was, seemed to reverberate off the walls, drawing a sharp twitch from her grandfather's eyes.

"What did I say about loudly crying? Crying is weakness, and shall not be expressed; you of all people should know that." he said firmly, his voice devoid of warmth. His gaze did not meet hers, remaining fixed on the walk ahead.