Chapter 66: A Trip to Frank's Home

"So did you pack your stuff, Adelaide?" Helena asked as she looked at Adelaide's luggage. She was going to stay in Frank's home with some of their friends as his guests for two weeks and she had lots of things to take with herself.
She was going to leave that day. She wore a white cotton summer dress that was short sleeved with brown sandals and a straw hat, she had also braided her hair as it was warm.

"Yeah. All done. I finished my homework so at least i won't have to do my work there." Adelaide responded. "So, you're going to Maud's?"

"Yeah. Since her brother is going to Frank's. Though i will only be there for a week."

"Only you and Pandora and Maud then?"

"Yeah."

"Good then. I will see you in two weeks." Adelaide said as she hugged Helena goodbye.

"I hope things will work out between you and Stephan."

"I hope so, if i hadn't ruin things actually." Adelaide muttered. She also hugged Edmund and Robert goodbye and used the floo powder and found herself in Frank's home's fireplace.

"Adelaide! How nice to see you dear. Let me show you your room. You're the last person to arrive actually. Everyone is outside. But first your room." Augusta greeted her warmly, her usual strict manner replaced with a relaxed demeanour.

"You will share your room with Sarah and Alice since there are a lot of you." Augusta said as she opened a door to a room. There were two beds in the room as she summoned another one between them. The room was painted slightly orange and Adelaide put her luggage beside the other two.
Then she left the guest room to find Augusta in a big kitchen. She pointed to the glass door in the kitchen that opened to a big yard.

"Everyone is outside. If you can't find them in the yard, then they have gone to the nearby plain. Tell them that lunch is at three." She also gave her two bottles of fresh lemonade that was ice-cold to take with her.

Adelaide walked to the yard but found no one there. So she walked outside the yard to the nearby plain. After walking for sometime through the clear path, she heard voices and recognised Sarah's laughter. She saw them under a big tree, as they sat in its shadow. They all turned and looked at her.

"Adelaide!" Sarah shouted as she and Alice ran towards to hug her. Frank also came and greeted her and took the bottles before Alice and Sarah made her break them. The girls squeezed her tightly as she choked.

"Seriously, i have only been apart from you for a few weeks." Adelaide said as she looked at them. Sarah was wearing a strapless pink dress made from soft cotton that had tiny yellow and white flowers on it with a bandana. Alice was wearing a short blue dress made from soft material with a bucket-hat.

"Well, come on. We have only been here for a quarter hour." Alice said as she pulled her to the tree. Adelaide saw Henry and Albert and greeted them. Henry was wearing cream pants with shirt and sunglasses while Albert was wearing overalls over his shirt. Frank was wearing shorts above his knees with buttoned up shirt and a cap. The last person Adelaide greeted was Stephan. He was wearing shorts that were under his knees and a slightly oversized shirt, his usually combed hair was slightly wilder than ever and he looked far more relaxed. She only nodded at him, her face burning up as he murmured a greeting.

"Well..." Frank cleared his throat. "Where were we? Ah, we were just talking about Sirius."

"So he ran to your house? That was strange." Alice said with curiosity.

"Yeah. He said most of you were either in vacation or had things to do," Adelaide pointed at Frank and Stephan when she said that, "so that's why he chose our house. The next afternoon, after Helena healed him, he left for James' house."