Chapter 69

"Edmund, how are you doing?" Asked Adelaide from her younger brother outside, near the Black Lake. It had been a long time since she had talked with him and wanted to see whether he was alright or not.

"Brilliant! I have found three incredible friends!" Stated Edmund with excitement as he sat on the ground, with Adelaide doing the same.

"Well, i'm glad. I have missed you so much. It's quite difficult for me to imagine that you are now eleven! Little Eddie had started his school journey!" Squealed Adelaide as she grabbed his cheeks and squeezed them as he only groaned, glaring at her.

"Please, Heidi. Not here- the last thing i want is people seeing this sight."

"Then they will know how much you're loved, not a bad sight in my opinion."

"Whatever." Then he smiled a bit and then looked behind Adelaide as he said: "Oh, Helena is here too. With some friends."

"With Maud and Pandora?" Asked Adelaide as a smile formed on her lips as well.

"No. She's talking with two boys from her class."
Adelaide slightly turned around and saw Helena talking with Regulus and Barty. Wilkes and Rosier were absent. Her mouth fell slightly open, but she collected herself. Regulus was talking their heads off, being his usual self, while Helena smiled brightly. Barty also had a very controlled small smile and as he said something, his smile widened as he looked back at her sister.

"Lena! Come over here!" Shouted Edmund as he waved frantically. A few moments ago, he was trying to protect his reputation and now he was waving like birds flapping their wings.

Helena smiled as she waved back, motioning for her siblings as the three approached them.

"Hello everyone. Such a lovely day, isn't it?" Asked Helena as she looked at the lake nearby, her curls moving in the wind.

"Helena. Where are Maud and Pandora?" Asked Adelaide suddenly.

"Oh, they had not yet finished their homework, so I thought i could take a walk here and i found Regulus and Barty."

"Oh."

"You're Slytherins." Stated Edmund as he noticed their green accessories.

"And you're a Gryffindor." Mused Regulus.

Edmund continued: "Victoria says-"

"Edmund, what Victoria says sometimes isn't correct, especially about some other houses. After all she was in quidditch, that makes you quite competitive." Adelaide said quickly as she looked apologetically to the Slytherin duo, though she was unsure of them.

Wilkes and Rosier were known bullies in their classes and they were sometimes accompanied by some interesting Slytherins, like Mulciber. These two would sometimes accompany them, especially the Black heir, while Regulus, was quite prejudiced, she believed there was some hope for him. If his brother managed to break his chains free then so could he. It wouldn't be harder as Sirius and also Andromeda had done that previously.

But the person she couldn't decipher was Barty, the perfect student in his own generation, so neat and much of a rule-follower, he never let a hair stay out of its place, he had the looks and the name, making many fawn over him. He was his father's son, the cold and calculated, dark-magic hating and very ambitious head of the department of magical law. He was always absent, making Barty privy to bad influence, and many father-figureless people could end up badly. Yet he didn't show anything, despite the numerous awful people around him.

"Do you enjoy Hogwarts?" Asked Barty from Edmund, breaking her chain of thoughts.

"Yeah. It's quite nice. It's better than when i was alone, but now i am very surrounded by people, it can be unnerving sometimes." Answered Edmund honestly.