Knight Yeonjun: we can make it happen

The sun was setting over the castle grounds, painting the sky with shades of orange and pink. Princess Y/N wandered through the gardens, lost in thought. She loved these moments of peace, away from her royal duties. Just as she turned a corner, she heard a familiar laugh.

"Y/N, wait up!" Beomgyu called out, jogging to catch up with her. "You're always running off somewhere."

She smiled, shaking her head. "I'm just enjoying the evening, Beomgyu. You should try it sometime."

Beomgyu chuckled, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "I think I enjoy it more when I'm with you."

From behind, another voice chimed in, dripping with sarcasm. "Oh please, spare us the romantic clichés, Beomgyu."

Y/N turned to see Yeonjun approaching, a smirk playing on his lips. Her heart did a little flip at the sight of him, but she quickly composed herself. "Yeonjun, always the skeptic," she teased.

Yeonjun shrugged. "Someone has to keep him in check."

Beomgyu rolled his eyes. "Yeah, because you're the paragon of virtue, right? How many maids did you flirt with today?"

Yeonjun raised an eyebrow, grinning. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Y/N tried to hide her frown as she turned away. She hated how easily Yeonjun could charm anyone, even though she knew it was just his nature.

"Anyway," Beomgyu said, breaking the tension, "we were just about to start a game of tag. Care to join us, Princess?"

Before Y/N could answer, Soobin, Hueningkai, and Taehyun appeared, each one looking as if they'd just come from a playful scuffle.

"Yeah, come on, Y/N!" Hueningkai urged, his eyes bright with excitement. "You can't let Beomgyu win again."

Y/N laughed. "Alright, alright. But no cheating this time, Beomgyu."

He placed a hand over his heart, feigning innocence. "Who, me? I would never."

As the game began, Yeonjun found himself constantly glancing at Y/N. She moved gracefully, her laughter ringing out like music. He was so distracted that he barely noticed when Taehyun tagged him.

"Yeonjun, you're it!" Taehyun shouted, running off.

Yeonjun groaned but couldn't help but smile. He took off after them, his eyes always finding their way back to Y/N. She was talking to Soobin now, her face lighting up with every word he said. A pang of jealousy hit Yeonjun hard.

"Hey, Soobin," he called out, his tone a bit sharper than intended. "Why don't you let the Princess breathe?"

Soobin raised an eyebrow. "Jealous much?"

"Me? Jealous? No way," Yeonjun replied, trying to sound casual but failing miserably.

Beomgyu noticed the exchange and sidled up to Y/N. "Seems like someone's not too happy with you chatting with other guys."

Y/N felt her cheeks heat up. "Oh, shut up, Beomgyu. We're just friends."

"Uh-huh, sure," Beomgyu teased, his eyes glinting with amusement. "And I'm the king of subtlety."

The game continued, filled with laughter and playful banter. But the undercurrent of unspoken feelings between Y/N and Yeonjun was impossible to ignore. Every time she laughed with someone else, Yeonjun's heart sank a little more. And every time he flirted with a maid, Y/N's stomach twisted in knots.
Eventually, they all collapsed on the grass, exhausted but happy. The sky was now a deep purple, stars beginning to twinkle overhead.

"That was fun," Hueningkai said, breathing heavily. "We should do this more often."

"Yeah," Taehyun agreed, "especially since it's the only time Yeonjun stops flirting for five minutes."