dad's friend pt IV

You and William have 'consensual' sex

***

Later that night, you were called down for dinner. Your dad had made pasta and a salad along with some garlic bread. You had no choice but to sit with them at the table again—your dad was very strict about that.

But you could barely eat. You were exhausted from barely sleeping, from your soccer game, from William's abuse. And by now you felt sick. You were absolutely miserable.
You played around with your food, not bothering to even take a bite.

"Hey, are you okay?" Your dad asked. You looked up, and William gave you a stern look, eyeing you with his threatening gaze.

You nodded your head quickly. "Yeah, I'm just feeling a little sick," you confessed, "Mind if I go upstairs to rest?"

Your dad patted your back. "Of course not, go ahead," he smiled, "Feel better, okay?"

You nodded and immediately rushed upstairs, desperate to get away from William.

"You know, she's been acting weird all day," you heard your dad say to William. "I'm worried about her."

"Is she dealing with anything? You know, mentally?" William asked him. You paused, listening to their conversation.

"Well, she has that diagnosed depression," your dad told him, "but she's on medication, and she's been doing fine recently."

William was silent for a few moments. "I've dealt with depression my whole life," he said, "I can always talk to her too."

Your heart dropped to your stomach. No. Please no.

"Really? That would be great," your dad said, "she never really opens up to me anymore.

You could just picture William's smile. "Of course. I'll check up on her later."

"Thanks Will, you're a great friend," you heard your dad say, you knew you couldn't listen any longer. You quickly rushed into your room and locked the door shut, dreading for the moment William came back.

***

A few hours passed and it was getting late. Your dad had come by to say goodnight, and you were holding onto hope that maybe, just maybe, William would leave you alone. That he was satisfied enough and would let you sleep.

But all hope was lost when you heard the knock. This time, you stood your ground. You pretended to be asleep, staying as quiet as possible as he called your name through the door, pleading for you to unlock the door.

You didn't. You didn't care how long he would stand there for, he would have to leave eventually. But fear gripped your heart when you realized that he was beginning to pick the lock, and you heard the door creak open from behind you.

You laid there, staying still, pretending to sleep.

"I know you're not asleep," William chuckled. You felt his weight on the bed as he sat down beside you. "I really did a number on you, didn't I?"

Your eyes fluttered open, and you looked up at him. You despised how irresistibly drawn you were to him. If only he were unattractive, hating him would be so much easier. But his voice was so gentle, and the way he soothingly rubbed your back made you feel so comforted. You hated yourself so much–you hated yourself even more than you hated him.

"Can I just lay with you?" He asked.

You knew you should've said no. But you couldn't help it. Somehow he was making you feel so safe, so heard. All despite him being the reason why you felt so empty in the first place.
"Okay," you mumbled.