Freshie (Michael)

"Hey! After someone suggested this following my last chapter, I decided to share another Michael one-shot. Feel free to give it a read if you're interested! I'm debating whether to title it 'William/Michael' since it mostly focuses on William, but I'm not sure yet."

***

Grettel had always been oddly captivated by Michael Afton. He was three grades ahead of her, yet from childhood, she longed for his attention. From elementary through middle school and even into high school, she yearned for just a fleeting glance from him.

Michael was popular, the kind of guy who always had a girlfriend, though none of his relationships seemed to last. That didn't matter to Grettel. What drew her in was his effortless charm—his dazzling white smile, piercing blue eyes, sharp jawline, and thick, dark, unruly hair. Tall and slender, he carried the same grace and natural charisma as his father.

Throughout all her years in school with Michael, Grettel remained almost invisible to him. He barely spared her a glance. She was never the most social, and far from being an extrovert. Every day, she walked down the halls, hiding behind the veil of her long, white hair, intentionally avoiding the spotlight. The only attention she craved was Michael's, but he never truly acknowledged her existence.

By the time college came around, though, Grettel had begun to discover her identity. Gone were the modest, oversized clothes that once cloaked her figure. Her style had evolved into something more distinct and flattering. She favored low-rise pants that revealed a subtle glimpse of her midriff—still tasteful, but enough to catch the occasional stranger's eye. Thin, fitted tops now hugged her slender waist, exuding a sense of elegance while still feeling effortless. She began to show off her collarbone and neck, and though her chest wasn't particularly large, she embraced it, often forgoing a bra with confidence. Her silky, snow-white hair cascaded down nearly to her waist, its gentle waves framing her figure perfectly. In high school, no one had noticed these features, but in college, things were different.

Grettel had always considered herself a simple girl—smart, unassuming, and now, she had just received her first invitation to a college party. It felt like a milestone, a small but exciting step into the full college experience she had been dreaming of.

She knew Michael Afton was attending the same university, now in his third year. To her surprise, quite a few familiar faces from high school were also there. It made sense—this was the nearest and most affordable school to home—but that didn't diminish the fun or the sense of new adventure. College life was everything she had hoped for, and she was soaking it all in.

That evening, Grettel and her roommate, Jenny, got ready for the party together. Grettel chose her favorite low-rise jean shorts, which hugged her hips just right, and paired them with a simple black tank top that accentuated her figure without trying too hard. She slipped on a pair of Converse, keeping her look casual yet effortlessly cool. Once they were ready, she and Jenny set off, excitement buzzing in the air as they headed to their first big college party.

The party was at one of the most notorious fraternities on campus—Delta Chi. Grettel's nerves were on edge as she stood outside the house, the thudding bass of music vibrating through the walls. She had never been to a frat party before, or any party for that matter. Her heart pounded as she and Jenny stepped inside, immediately overwhelmed by the sight of bodies pressed together, dancing, drinking, and kissing—everything she had imagined a wild frat party to be.

Barely a moment had passed before a boy, already noticeably drunk, stumbled toward them. With a sloppy grin, he shoved a drink into Grettel's hand, his grip on her arm too firm, too eager. He was oblivious to how aggressive he seemed, practically pulling her deeper into the chaos of the house. Without realizing it, Grettel was swept up in the atmosphere. One drink turned into two, then three, until the alcohol's warmth buzzed through her veins. It wasn't until much later that she noticed Jenny had disappeared into the crowd, leaving her alone in the unfamiliar, overwhelming scene.