dads friend (sequel)

In this chapter, you finally tell your father what happened. William is hardly in this chapter, this is solely for emotional turmoil. 

***

Months after that horrific weekend, thoughts of William still haunted you. You remember the nights spent crying yourself to sleep, the way you would sneak into your dad's room after waking from nightmares in which William held you down, violating the sanctity of your own bed. You completely transformed your room, even replacing the old bed sheets that felt tainted by William's memory. Even in your pajamas, you opted for an oversized t-shirt and sweatpants instead of your usual tank top and boy shorts, and you reserved showers for downstairs, avoiding the upstairs bathroom that echoed with the remnants of your trauma.

You chose not to tell your dad. Shame and a sense of unworthiness clung to you; you couldn't face the thought of revealing that someone so close to him had so brutally violated his daughter. You were acutely aware that if he discovered the truth, he'd seek justice on your behalf, and the thought of that terrified you more than anything else.

Nearly a year later, you were starting to heal. While William's presence no longer consumed every thought, the scars of your trauma remained, and you could no longer deny the brokenness inside you. You had convinced yourself that you were safe—until that fateful day when you saw his face again.

After soccer practice on a typical Monday night, you pulled into the driveway, noticing an unfamiliar car parked on the side. Assuming it belonged to a neighbor, you brushed it off. But when you stepped inside your home and saw William sitting at the dining table with your dad, laughter echoing through the room, a wave of realization crashed over you.

Your dad's face was lit up with a smile—one that seemed so genuine and carefree. The sight knotted in your stomach; how could your father find joy in the presence of someone who had violated you not once, not twice, not even three times. Four times. The contrast was unbearable, and a mix of anger and sorrow flooded through you. It felt like a betrayal, a painful reminder of the past, as you stood frozen. It wasn't your dad's fault, he didn't know, he would have no way of knowing.

But still. It was a hard sight to see.

"Oh!" Your dad exclaimed, his face brightening when he noticed you step through the doorway. "Hey! You remember William, don't you?"

As his words hung in the air, you locked eyes with William. A grin spread across his face, but it felt predatory—the two of you shared a dark secret. The depth of that knowledge made his smile chilling—an unsettling reminder of what he was capable of doing to you.

"Y-Yeah, um, hi William," you managed to stutter, feeling as if the ground beneath you had shifted. Your pulse quickened, pounding against your ribcage, while waves of fear and anxiety washed over you, rooting you to the spot.

"It's lovely to see you again," William said, his gaze sweeping over you with an unsettling familiarity. "Are you coming from soccer practice?"

You nodded, struggling to reclaim your composure as you glanced back at your dad, desperately searching for any sign of awareness in his gaze. "Yeah, um, but I have homework and...I gotta shower, so..." you trailed off, feeling the weight of the moment close in around you, suffocating yet urgent.

"No worries, honey," your dad said with a warm smile. "I get it, you're tired. If you're hungry, we have some leftovers in the fridge that I can heat up for you."

"O-Okay, thanks—err—yeah, thanks, Dad," you managed to reply, your voice barely above a whisper. As you turned to head upstairs, you and William's eyes met again. You could feel his gaze piercing into you, heavy and invasive, making you acutely aware of the thin fabric of your soccer shorts. It sent a chill down your spine.