Best Employee

Olivia works as a manager at Fredbear's Family Diner. She just so happens to have a boss that likes her a little too much.

***

It was a Saturday, the busiest day at Fredbear's Family Diner. Eight hours into my eleven-hour shift, I felt the exhaustion creeping in. While restocking the fridge in the back, my eyelids grew heavy. The lack of good sleep over the past week was finally taking its toll.

I closed the fridge door and straightened up, taking a deep breath to steady myself. Just three more hours to go. As I prepared to get back to work, a sudden chill ran down my spine, and I felt a cold hand on my shoulder. I jumped, startled by the unexpected touch.

A familiar chuckle reached my ears, and I turned to see my boss, Mr. Afton, standing above me with a grin. His presence, both unnerving and commanding, sent a shiver through me as I tried to compose myself.

"Oops," he said, "Did I scare you, Liv?"

Liv. That nickname had become his go-to for me over the past few weeks. It carried an unsettling mix of condescension and flirtation, leaving me feeling uncomfortable each time he used it. Yet, I chose to ignore it. After all, he was my boss and held complete control over my employment.

"Sorry," I mumbled, taking a deep breath. "I've been a little tired, but I'm fine now." I hoped to end the conversation quickly. Mr. Afton had a knack for making me feel uneasy, and I was certain he knew it.

"Tired?" He cocked his head, feigning concern. "Why don't you take a little break?" he suggested.

I shook my head, forcing out a nervous laugh. "No, no, that's okay," I replied. "I'm fine."

"Liv," he said more sternly, his voice losing its faux sympathy, "I can't have you working if you're tired. Why don't you come with me? You can sit in my office."

Every bone in my body screamed at me to say no, but the intensity of his stare made me too scared to refuse him.

"Uh, okay!" I said, trying to sound enthusiastic. "Just for a little, though..."

He grinned, placing his hand on my back. "Yeah," he agreed, "just for a little."

He guided me to his office, his hand sliding lower with each step. Once we entered, he offered me a seat on the couch.

"Thanks, Mr. Afton," I said, sitting up straight.

He chuckled warmly, looking down at me with a glimmer of amusement in his eyes. "Please, call me William," he said, completely catching me off guard. I felt a jolt of uncertainty course through me, and I shifted awkwardly, forcing out a nervous laugh that barely escaped my lips as I briefly averted my gaze to my shoes.

"Do you want a chocolate?" he asked out of nowhere, his tone light and teasing. I looked up, confusion etched on my face, and my surprise only seemed to encourage him. With an effortless motion, he reached into the drawer of his desk, pulling out a small box of assorted chocolates. "Hm?" he prompted, raising an eyebrow playfully.

I paused a moment. I couldn't help but get a bad feeling about what was going to happen. "O...kay..."

His grin widened, igniting a flutter of anxiousness in my chest, and he walked over, settling down beside me on the couch.

He carefully selected a chocolate from the intricately designed box, holding it up between his fingers and inching it closer to my face while humming playfully. The unexpected intimacy of the gesture sent a rush of surprise through me.

"Mmm... open wide," he taunted with a mischievous glint in his eyes. I felt a mix of confusion and unease wash over me, but I obliged. I parted my lips, and he playfully prompted me to bite down on the rich, velvety chocolate.